Monday, May 8, 2017

International Tabletop Day

One of my favorite unofficial "holidays" is International Tabletop Day! This year it fell on April 29th. It's all about getting together with your friends, family, or even a bunch of random people at the game store, to play games together! The last few years I had to work on ITTD, but this year I actually had the day off! Wahoo!

International Tabletop Day

My brother and I started the day by going to our local tabletop store, Outflank Games. They're a fairly new store, and I'm so glad to finally have a game store in town. We used to have one in the next town over, but they closed! So we lived without for awhile, getting games at Barnes and Noble instead (and nothing against B&N, I love it there, but it's not the same as a tabletop store and we all know it). Anyway! We went to the store. They were hosting game tutorials all day, but we only went to go check out all the games they had on sale. I decided to pick up the game Dead Fellas! We didn't get a chance to play it that day, we ended up playing other games, but I'm excited to try it out soon!

After the game store we went to my fam's house, and the first game we played was Archer: Once You Go Blackmail... which is a spin off of the game Love Letter. Before getting this game I had never played Love Letter, although it had been on my mental "to play" list. When I found an Archer version of the game (I LOVE THAT SHOW) I knew it was a sign for me to finally learn how to play it. Except I had bought it...last year...and played it for the first time...last Saturday. Oops. But! We had a lot of fun! It took me a few rounds to get the hang of it, but once I did I really enjoyed it :) I loved that the point counters were Pam's dolphin puppet!!

Archer: Once You Go Blackmail Love Letter

Later that evening we played Munchkin! There are lots of different themed Munchkin games, but the one we played was Munchkin Fu (which is China/martial arts themed). Andrew gave it to my older brother for Christmas a few years ago because he's heavily involved in martial arts :P If you've never played these games I'd recommend starting with the original set. After that, pick up whichever set you think sounds the coolest. My favorite is Star Munchkin!

Munchkin Fu

What are your favorite games? Did you play anything on Tabletop Day?


No comments:

Post a Comment