Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Highlights

Another year come and gone. Something I always like to do as the year comes to a close is take a look at some of the things I did that year. Scrolling through my photos, reading old logs I wrote, or spur of the moment Twitter rants. I think we can all agree that 2016 had some rough spots, but I still try to reflect on the good times as well. Times with loved ones, receiving exciting news, taking new steps forward, or just being excited about that last episode of Gotham (damn you, mid-season break!). Here's some of my highlights from 2016 :)

1 / Here's the first picture I took in 2016 :) Partial pic of my fam getting #lit on NYE, hahah. Andrew and I aren't one for big parties, so we usually keep it simple and either stay home or go to my families house. This year was even more simple than usual, because my mom was out of town, and my older brother decided to spend it elsewhere, so it was just me, Andrew, my dad and my little bro. It was cool though. More Martinelli's for us ;) We also played Star Munchkin!


2 / That same month Andrew and I went to Maryland, and got engaged in a jellyfish exhibit at The National Aquarium! I really like this picture, even though it's super grainy and we're not looking at the camera. It's the only picture we have of us with the jellyfish after it happened! Hahah. If you'd like to read more about it, I wrote a big long post about our trip!


3 / In March my mom took my brother and I to see The Book of Mormon! We all had a great time. I also bought my new favorite shirt there. You can read more about our evening here! Everyone I told was like, "Wow, I can't believe your mom wanted to go with you to see that." It was her idea!!! She also took me to see Avenue Q for my 16th birthday. Basically my mom is the best.


4 / In April I started my very first Facebook group - The Powerpuff Bloggers! For 2016 I made a resolution to start practicing healthier habits. In the end I am hoping to lose some weight, but instead of making a goal like "lose xxx pounds" I wanted to get into the habit of just living a healthier life. So even if I don't lose any weight, I can still say I'm eating better, staying hydrated and getting up and moving more than I was before. Anyway. I thought a great way to help keep myself mindful and motivated was to have like-minded peers to share things with and talk to. I already knew that many of my blog friends had similar goals, so why not start a group for us all to work on our goals together? I'm so happy I started this group, and I'm so thankful for everyone in it. If you'd like to share your health and fitness goals with a bunch of nerdy blogger gals, join our group!

5 / In that same vein - I started doing yoga! The group and I took on the 30 Days of Yoga Challenge together and we had a lot of fun. I'm still not super great at it, but that's ok. I'm getting better at it and I'm enjoying myself. I try to do it at least three days a week!


6 / I also turned 25. I'm officially in my mid-twenties T_T I'm not super big into birthdays, and I don't especially like getting older, but I had a fun day. One of my bff's and I share the same birthday. We were both working on a production of The Little Mermaid at the time but we still celebrated and had a nice day :)

7 / Spending time with friends (just like, in general). Something I wanted to work on in 2016 was spending more time with friends, saying "yes" to more invites (rather than staying home and watching Netflix), and just putting myself out there a bit more. I've struggled with depression on and off for years - and a big part of it was feeling lonely a lot of the time, even though I had plenty of great people around me. In 2016 I spent more time with friends than I have in...well, a really long time. I said "yes" to outings that I probably wouldn't have before (like going to the fair in 90 degree weather to pet cows and baby goats), I've strengthened my old friendships and I've built new ones. I've even started hanging out with my co-workers!

To wrap things up, here's a photo collage with more great moments from 2016!

1. Going to the Bay Area Book Festival & meeting Gene Luen Yang. 2. Cows! 3. Hiking?! 4. Valentine swap with the Geek Girls x Bloggers!
5. Music in the park! 6. Getting Jesse hooked on Pokemon Go! 7. Jesse graduating HS! 8. Wedding! 9. Winning this amazing alien set handmade  just for me by The Fangirl Crafter! 10. Getting to wear cat stuff all week while working on CATS! 11. Christmas Day selfie with my love <3
12. Matching X-Files shirts with Alyssa! 13. Pokemon Go in the park! 14. My birthday! 15. Going to Rocky Horror in my Jughead costume on Halloween! 16. Making my first heart for I Found a Quilted Heart!

Have a great 2017, everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ever wanted to get free Google+ Circles?
    Did you know you can get these ON AUTO-PILOT & ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Download Pokemon Go for your mobile (Built for Android or iOS)

    ReplyDelete