Monday, August 29, 2016

Casual Cosplay Connections: Scully (The X-Files)


Casual Cosplay Connections

Earlier in the summer I participated in Danielle and Charlie's Casual Cosplay Connections super-blogger-fun-time (read about how it works here), where I dressed as Max Caulfield from Life is Strange for their video game theme! You can see that here! Then the following month came and I literally COULD NOT think of anything to wear for the 90's cartoon theme, so I skipped it hahah. All the other girls looks great, though ;) Anyway, this months theme is strong female characters! So there was no way I was going to pass on a perfectly good excuse to dress up as my biggest girl crush, Dana Scully!

scully sparkle gif

(What's casual cosplay?! In this case it's when you're wearing an outfit meant to be reminiscent of a character, using items from your wardrobe that you already own. So for example you might just use a few elements from the characters outfit, or maybe just be wearing the same color scheme. Like, an Aquaman casual cosplay might be a pair of green pants, an orange shirt, and maybe some seahorse earrings if you're feeling fancy.)

scully cosplay

The white collared shirt was the easiest part. I just took it from Andrew's side of the closet :P I don't have a blazer or trench coat, so I made due with a black cardigan. I added my gold cross necklace, because you never see Scully without hers, but in the pic the gold is kinda blending in with my skin hahah (#asianprobs). Finally, I added my DIY Scully FBI badge, which I realize makes this more costume-y than casual cosplay-y, but I love my badge and when else am I gonna wear it without getting weird looks??!

mulder funko pop

I was also wearing these alien earrings, handmade with love by The Fangirl Crafter! But I couldn't take pictures that properly showed my outfit and the earrings at the same time hahah. I have a matching necklace that I wear ALL THE TIME. You can read more about them in this post!


I wasn't going to share this pic, but it makes me laugh so whatever! I was texting my friend about what I was doing, and sent her the picture of Mulder with my alien earrings, and she said "Where's Queequeg?" (Scully's dog, for like, two seasons.) I'm not a dog person so the only dog item I could find was this super girly, Beanie Baby, plush dog cell phone holder that I got as a gift. The eyes have pink glitter and it's wearing a pink bow. so I snapped a pic with it and sent it her way. Now the gang's all here!

Next month’s theme is Fall TV Favorites, but I don't watch many currently airing shows anymore. I'm excited for Gotham to come back (like REALLY excited!) but that's about it. So I dunno if I'll be able to come up with an outfit for next month, but I'll try!

No comments:

Post a Comment