Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June Goals + May Check-In

(Source)

I can't believe it's already June. Not in the "time sure is flying by" sense, but more like "I can't believe I have to deal with summertime heat ALREADY." Because summer is the worst. And what's even more awful? Is that it's not even technically Summer yet, but it was 92 degrees outside this afternoon. Why?! Ugh. With that said, I do have some excited things going on this month. I'm going to the Bay Area Book Festival (and seeing Gene Luen Yang there!), I'm going to see Warcraft on opening night (I don't even remember the last time I saw a movie opening night - most boring 24 year old ever) and I'm really looking forward to the next musical we're doing at work - Little Mermaid! But anyway, let's see how I did on last months goals.

1. Finish reading The Heart Goes Last. I did this! Except a few days after I started reading it, the bookclub decided they weren't going to read it anymore. Oops. I was a little bummed, but was enjoying the book enough to continue reading it anyway! Longer review on this book later.

2. Get my Pandaren to level 100 (World of Warcraft thing). I didn't do this :( But I have a very good reason, and that reason is.....Overwatch. Whoops. I did do some leveling though - level 87 last month and 92 now! I can totally get to 100 this month.

3. Start meal planning semi-regularly. I sort-of did this. I did REALLY great for the first few weeks, but then my schedule changed again and it became harder to find the energy to cook -_- I'm going to continue working on this, but be a bit more realistic this time. Obviously I'm not going to stop hating cooking anytime soon, so I'm going to stop pretending otherwise. If I decide to plan grilled cheese for that night then fine! I still planned it, and I still made it. That's an ok start for me.

4. Move Turtle into a bigger tank. Done! I don't think Turtle liked it for the first few days, probably just trying to get used to it? I'm hoping he likes it better now, though. He has so much more room to swim! I wish reptiles weren't so hard to read.

5. Hit 500 followers on Instagram! Yesss! It was a close call but I did it (for now, anyway). I kept hitting 500 and then it would drop. That happened a BUNCH of times (spam bots are real...so are assholes who only follow you in hopes that you'll follow back, who then UNFOLLOW you a day later). However as I type this I'm still only at 503 (while yesterday I was at 505), so I'm not totally celebrating yet :P

Now here's some goals for June!

1. Get better at promoting The Powerpuff Bloggers. (As I sneakily do it right now...join us!)

2. Start looking into wedding locations. This doesn't mean I'll settle on one, but I at least need to start getting serious about looking for a place. I feel like whenever I see people now the only thing they care to ask is "have you started planning your wedding yet?" Sigh. I don't want it to sound like I'm not excited to get married, because I AM excited. But right now it's pretty fun just being engaged, also planning events really stresses me out >_>

3. Read one book I already own. Something I wanted to work on this YEAR was to read more books I already owned, and so far I'm off to a crappy start. Currently I've read twenty-seven books, but only four of them were books I already owned. As much as I love the library, I think I need to finish reading the books I have checked out now, return them, and then stop checking out books for awhile. What I'm trying to decide is if my newly-owned books count or not? I have some book prizes from Armchair BEA that should be coming soon, and I'm really excited to read them!

Just three goals this month :P I already have a lot going on in June, so I don't want to overload myself! What are your goals for the month? If you wrote your own goals post feel free to comment with a link, I'd love to check it out!

Linking up with Hodge Podge Moments and My So-Called Chaos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment