Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Bookish (and Not-So Bookish) Thoughts #24

Woah, it's been a minute since I wrote one of these! Let's catch up :)

1. THE X-FILES IS COMING BACK. I know season 10 had a lot of haters, but aside from that final episode (which I'm still kinda mad about tbh) I really enjoyed it.


2. I'm 3 books ahead of schedule in my Goodreads challenge! Mostly due to all the comic volumes I've been reading lately, but still! Yay. Speaking of comics, don't forget to enter my giveaway for Bitch Planet vol. 1!

3. Considering how much I love playing Telltale Games, I guess it's kind of weird that I hadn't played Game of Thrones already. But I'm doing it now! I'm on episode three. So far I'm mostly enjoying it, but I have to admit I'm having a bit more trouble with this one than I have previous Telltale games, because...um, I haven't watched Game of Thrones >_> (don't hate me)

Me, after literally every decision I make in GoT's.

4. After I finish playing GoT I need to start playing Emily is Away, which is the May pick for Indie Game Gang! I know many of you have shown interest in joining but always have some excuse or another (no judgments), but I just wanna say that this month is the perfect time to join because the game is FREEEEEEEEE and word on the street is that it will only take you an hour or so to complete. So I'll see you there. Right? [wiggly eyebrows]

Emily is Away

5. It's only May and it's already 91 degrees outside as I type this. I HATE IT. Summer is the worst. Cold > Heat. Always. Also how have I lived on my own for so long without an ice cube tray? What is wrong with me?? I kind of want this galactic ice cube tray from Target.

6. Totally meant to write about this sooner, but did everyone have a good Free Comic Book Day?! My car broke down at a comic book shop 25 miles from home, so that sucked, but I must admit I got a pretty sweet comic haul! I'm actually still reading my way through some of these. I was especially excited to pick up the free re-printing of Archie! I'd been wanting to start reading this reboot before it even came out, but I wasn't able to get my hands on a copy. I read the issue that same night, and I loved it so much that the following week Andrew surprised me with volume 1 of the series (collecting issues 1 thru 6)! Eeeeeeee! And a quick Free Comic Book Day PSA - check your local library! Most libraries do it, too. I had so many friends that went to multiple shops for FCBD, but when I asked if they stopped by the library they were like "whaaa?" And the homie at the library let me take ONE OF EACH COMIC (not shown here, obvi). So yeah. Next year? Check your library!

Free Comic Book Day 2016

Bookish (and Not-So Bookish) Thoughts is hosted every Wednesday by Bookishly Boisterous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment