Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a small commission so I can feed my turtle :)
1. My Fitbit Alta has already started to make me do some unexplainable things. Like go on hikes. Who am I?! (Also if you wanna be my Fitbit friend please send me your e-mail <3) Andrew has noticed and now he kinda wants one too, but is trying to figure out if he'd be willing to wear one all the time (or even just part of the time). He's considering the Fitbit Flex so he doesn't have to worry about smashing the screen while he's at work. Anyway, my buddy and I (also in the Fitbit cult) went on a little hike last weekend, and we're hoping to go this weekend as well and hopefully make it a regular thing.
2. I binge-watched season two of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt last week. For the most part I enjoyed it, you know, aside from that one really weird and racist episode. I was actually more annoyed with the horde of angry Asian people that came to see the show than I was with Titus being a geisha, but we can talk about that some other time.
3. Last weekend I got to play the Overwatch beta! For just that weekend, but whatever hahah. Andrew plays Overwatch all the time, but I didn't have the beta until that week and I don't like playing on his computer :P It was really fun! Getting the hang of a FPS was a little weird, but I caught on pretty quick (playing Firewatch last month probably helped). I'm still not sure if I'll end up getting the full game when it's officially released, though. Why you gotta be so expensive, Overwatch?! If you're interested in playing, there's going to be an open Beta (free for everyone to play - YOU get an Overwatch, and YOU get an Overwatch!) from May 5 - 9th. Get all the details here. If you're going to play on PC hit me up and we can swap gamertags or something.
What-the-Dickens, but it is JUST. SO. BORING. I don't know how a middle grade book manages to be so incredibly boring. I mean, it's about a tooth fairy for goodness sake! Have I just not gotten to the "good part" yet? Because I'm about ready to give up. I don't like to give up on books, but I don't like to waste my time reading books I don't like, either. Maybe Gregory Maguire books just aren't for me. I read Wicked awhile back, and it was okay (I like the musical more, tbh), but there was definitely a LOT of boring parts to trudge through.
5. In the meantime, I've started another book, The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood. This is the first book I've read by her, but she sounds like a badass lady. I picked this up because it's the May book for NovelTea Book Club! I haven't participated in the last few months; either I was busy or just wasn't into the book for that month. But I'm ready to jump back into it!
6. Summertime project: find a way to replicate these obnoxious $550 underwater sandals to wear with my Aquaman outfit.
7. If you were considering joining my health/fitness group, Powerpuff Bloggers, now's the perfect time to do it! I'm setting up our first group step challenge, which will start early next month. I was inspired by the challenges you can do with your friends on the Fitbit app, but I wanted to make it so ANYONE could participate, not just Fitbit users. I've never done anything like this before, so I'm really hoping it all works smoothly and everyone has fun. So if you have ANY device that can count your steps and are down for a little friendly competition, join us!
Bookish (and Not-So Bookish) Thoughts is hosted every Wednesday by Bookishly Boisterous!