Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Bookish (and Not-So Bookish) Thoughts #20 (Sick & Grumpy Edition)

1. I've been sick with the flu for almost three weeks now. That's kind of exaggerating, but if I never got fully better then is it really? What happened was, I got sick during the second week of March, and stayed that way for a few days, eventually getting Andrew sick (living with your loved ones is both a gift and a curse). As he got more sick, I started to slowly feel better, until I got to the point where I felt sort of alright (alright enough to go see The Book of Mormon, thankfully) aside from sniffles and a cough...except before I was able to fully recover Andrew gave the flu BACK TO ME, and this time it's even worse! So I've been kind of an irritable grump lately. I'm not trying to, but I'm just so over it right now. It's especially a bummer because I had Thursday though Monday off from one of my jobs (I didn't ask for it off, it just happened, which normally would suck but I had a lot of things I wanted to catch up on so I thought it would be fun). So on my last day of work I was like, "Yeah! I'm going to get so much blogging done! And reading! Maybe I'll even turn in my library books on time! I'll reorganize the kitchen and go through my closet to find Goodwill donations! I'll schedule an eye exam! So! Much! Productive!" Obviously that didn't happen. I did some reading, but every time I sat down with a book I ended up falling asleep. Those books are totally overdue now, though.

Me rn.

2.
And to make things even more exciting, I got PINK EYE two nights ago! I'd never had pinkeye before, but I did what any brave soul with a mysterious illness does - looked it up on WebMD. Although before that I accidentally Google'd under the "images" setting, so that was fun. Before I went to bed my eyes were a little itchy but I didn't think much of it and tried going to sleep. But because lately all I've been doing is coughing and going pee (due to all the water and Gatorade I'm drinking because my throat is sore and dry), I haven't been able to get much sleep lately. So during one of my many late night bathroom trips I notice there's GUNK coming out of BOTH my eyes. Yeah, I know, nasty. But I'm like whatever, and gently wash it off and get back into bed. Later in the night I wake up again. "Ugh, time to go pee again. Let's go. Wait, why is it so dark in here? Why aren't my eyes opening? [touches eyelid] WHAT is this crusty BULLSHIT ON MY FACE?" Bodies are gross, you guys.

After reading the WebMD description and realizing that my fate was sealed.

3. So I didn't do much blogging and I didn't return my library books. Something I am really good at doing while sick though, is watch a lot of TV. I'm all caught up on Gotham (SO GOOD) and watched seasons 1 and 2 of The Fall,which I enjoyed at times, but overall I'm kinda unsure about. I didn't know much about this show before starting, just that Gillian Anderson was in it. I think I'd like it more if they were investigating a different person each season, because I don't feel like watching Paul anymore (who will be back for season three). Gillian Anderson was amazing, obviously, but the murderer they're after has a lot of weird sex stuff going on, and his story is often uncomfortable to watch. I can't even imagine what they're going to do in the third (and final) season if they're keeping the same cast. (Spoilers) They already arrested Paul, they found Rose, so what else is left to do? Sure, Paul gets shot and is literally bleeding out as the final episode ends, but to be honest I don't really care if he makes it or not. I guess season three could move the focus over to Jimmy (aka angry tall guy that shot Paul), but his appearances in the series have been so scattered that it's hard to be interested in him.

4. One more complaint about being sick. Why do medicines have to be so expensive?? Andrew and I have both been taking Dayquil about twice a day, and between the two of us the bottle disappears SO FAST. The people at Walgreens know us as "the sick people" now, because every few days we go in and buy a Dayquil+Nyquil combo pack, four boxes of Puff's Vick's tissues (THE BEST) and a few bottles of Gatorade (blue for me, red for Andrew).

After I've emptied all my accounts buying Dayquil. Was it even worth it?!

5. I forgot to mention it before, but I saw Deadpool last week. It was so fun! Negasonic Teenage Warhead is the best. A lot of the people I knew thought she was made up just for the movie, simply because they hadn't heard of her before. Like, I'm sorry it hurts your bro-feelings because you were unaware of one out of the THOUSANDS of Marvel characters. I hadn't heard of her before either, but I used it as an opportunity to learn more about her! Sorry...sickness grumpies coming out.

Anyway. Bookish (and Not-So Bookish) Thoughts is hosted every Wednesday on Bookishly Boisterous! Christine is cool, so be sure to go and say hi.



No comments:

Post a Comment