Saturday, February 27, 2016

Bookish (and Not-So Bookish) Thoughts #18

(I had half of this written and totally meant to have it up on Wednesday.)

1. I'm really upset about The X-Files finale.

WHY CHRIS CARTER WHY?!

2.
But here's a collection of all the alien selfies I took during the five week run. It was fun while it lasted (even if that last episode.../sobs). In every picture except the second I'm wearing a fancy new X-Files pin handmade by me, a printer, and the laminator at work. The Smoking Man "Trust No One" pin (bottom left) and the one of Mulder's "I Want to Believe" poster (bottom right) are just images I pulled from X-Files promotional stuff online. The little black and white spacecraft (top right) and the heart shaped "Mulder & Scully" (bottom middle) images are from this printable X-Files planner sticker set from At Home With Jen! I just realized I'm wearing the same denim vest in 4 of the 6 pictures, because I guess I REALLY like pinning shit to my vest.


3. I saw Pride and Prejudice and Zombies last week. Maybe I saw it too soon, seeing as I just finished re-reading the book, but I found myself being incredibly critical. It wasn't a terrible movie, but having just read the book, the changes in the story were just too huge (HUGE) to ignore. It's as if the director was like, "People already know the story of Pride and Prejudice, and it's boring, so let's just go ahead and rewrite it." If the book didn't exist then I'd say the movie was fun in a weird senseless kind of way. But when you're making a movie based off a book, I don't see why people think it's a good idea to just take the movie in an entirely different direction. As for the actors, Darcy (Sam Riley) really bothered me! What they did with Lena Headey's character was such a missed opportunity. Matt Smith and Lily James were really good, though.

4. I started watching Gotham and it's SO BADASS. I can't believe I waited so long. So far it's my favorite of all the DC/Marvel shows I've seen (although I haven't started Jessica Jones or Agent Carter yet). I just finished season one, and now I'm trying to figure out where I can start watching season two.

5. I apologize to everyone I teased about their washi tape addictions because they're unnecessary and overpriced. I mean, they ARE unnecessary and they ARE overpriced, but at least I buy them on sale. The three on the left were 13 cents each. The other rolls were all between 75 to 25 cents. Score! What do I use them for? EVERYTHING. Last week Andrew asked me for some clear tape and I was like, "Um, no, but you can choose a washi tape color?" I should probably get some clear tape, though.

washi tape

6. I read a piece on Buzzfeed called "22 Photos That Won’t Make Sense To People With Perfect Nails," which bothered me with its stupid title. People with perfect nails have achieved them because they already learned how to deal with all the shit listed there, and because they take their time to do their nails right! I'm not saying my nails are always perfect (although let's be real, they usually are, huhuhu), but half of those are stupid mistakes. Also (ffs) DON'T PEEL OFF YOUR SHELLAC. The type of people that peel off their shellac polish (because it's "sooo satisfying") are the same people that complain that their nails are brittle and peeling. YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELF. #NailRantOver

7. I just picked up the first four volumes of the new(ish) Ms. Marvel, so I'll be reading that for a bit. I really like it so far!

Bookish (and Not-So Bookish) Thoughts is hosted every Wednesday (even though I'm doing it on a Saturday) on Bookishly Boisterous!

No comments:

Post a Comment