Thursday, November 5, 2015

My BlizzCon Schedule!

World of Warcraft dance gif
World of Warcraft dance party!

Ok, so I won't be at BlizzCon...not really. But! I have a virtual ticket! Which is literally as close to being there (without actually being there) as it gets. With the virtual ticket you get a front row seat to all the panels, ceremonies, contests and tournaments without having to sit in line for ten years! When I say it like that, it almost sounds better than the real thing, but maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better.

Me IRL when I see how much it would cost to actually go to Blizzcon.

Anyway, Blizzcon starts tomorrow morning (or it starts later today, depending on your time zone and whenever you're reading this). Andrew and I stocked up on snacks and drinks so we can have our own mini viewing party :) We're still bickering over which panels to watch at which time, but since we'll have access to recordings of everything afterwards I guess it really doesn't matter :P We only have one virtual ticket, so we can only stream it on one of our computers. Ideally we each wanted our own, but our computers are literally five feet away from each other - just facing opposite directions, so getting our own tickets would have been stupid. #FirstWorldProblems.

So here's what I'll be watching!

----- Friday -----

11am - Opening Ceremonies: Self explanatory and arguably the most important part of any convention. I'm hoping they'll premiere a full length trailer for the World of Warcraft movie!

12:30pm - World of Warcraft: Legion - World and Content Overview: This is where they'll be sharing a lot of the new content for the Legion expansion, so I'm excited to see all of that! And maybe we'll even get a release date if we're lucky?!

2:15pm - Heroes of the Storm - Hero Deep Dive: As much as I love WoW. Heroes of the Storm is totally my jam right now. In this panel they'll be sharing the new heroes coming to the Nexus!

OR

2:15pm - World of Warcraft Cinematics - The Road to Legion: This panel is a behind-the-scenes look on how they "bring Azeroth's most iconic figures to life." Which is cool, but I'd rather watch the HotS panel listed above. This is where mine and Andrew's first disagreement came in, hahah.

3:30pm - Blood and Treasure - New Content and Features for Reaper of Souls - This is the only Diablo panel going on at BlizzCon. I wonder why? I really like Diablo, so that's a bummer. Anyway, in here they'll be sharing the new zones, powers, monsters and other things. It's been a year and a half since the expansion, Reaper of Souls, was released, so maybe there will be some hints on another?! But I'm not getting my hopes up.

4:00pm - Heroes of the Storm World Championship: I'm not usually one for esports, but like I've said, I love me some Heroes of the Storm. This is going on until 10pm, and continues from 9:45am to 3:00 the next day (the semifinals and the grand final), so more realistically I'll just be popping in and out of this stream. All the tournaments (World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, Starcraft) are free to stream, so even if you don't have a virtual ticket you can tune in on their respective Twitch channels.

6:00pm - Costume Contest? Ok so the schedule just says "contests" and there's a few going on, but the one I really want to see is the costume contest (hosted by Wil Wheaton)!

----- Saturday -----

11:30am - Heroes of the Storm - State of the Game: Talking about the evolution of the game and changes coming for some of the heroes, battlegrounds, talents, etc.

1:00pm - The Art and Craft of Cosplay: While I love to dress up, cosplay isn't really my "thing," but I still find it so cool and interesting! This panel will feature some badass cosplayers talking about how to transform into characters from our favorite Blizzard games. Maybe I'll feel inspired to start working on a femme Malfurion cosplay?!

4:00pm - Heroes of the Storm: Battlegrounds: BECAUSE I'M HEROES OF THE STORM FILTH. I'M SORRY. Uhm, so in this panel they'll be talking about the new battlegrounds and objectives on their way to the Nexus. Getting new characters is cool, but I think new battlegrounds are way more fun!

6:30pm - Closing Ceremony: The perfect way to close the weekend! Can't wait to see what they have in store!

So that about covers what I'll be doing this weekend. If you're thinking, "Wow Natalie, you're going to spend all weekend staring at a monitor," then well, you're right.

Raynor Heroes of the Storm Deal With it

No comments:

Post a Comment