Wednesday, November 18, 2015

BlizzCon Goody Bag Unboxing! (Or Unbagging?)

BlizzCon Goody Bag 2015

As I've already made obvious, I spent the weekend of the 6th and 7th watching BlizzCon, thanks to the amazing BlizzCon powers of the virtual ticket! With the virtual ticket, you're able to have a front row seat to ALL the panels and events at BlizzCon, streamed live right onto your computer or TV (the TV option is only if you have DirecTV - which I don't - but I still think it's a cool idea. Maybe in the future they'll branch out)! Blizzard first started selling virtual tickets in 2009 (I think, don't quote me on that), but this year was the first time they also offered virtual ticket holders the option to purchase the official BlizzCon 2015 Goody Bag, filled with all the same loot that physical BlizzCon attendees would be receiving, too! Is this necessary? Well, no. But if you're stuck at home because you couldn't make the trip to Anaheim or afford the $200 ticket...then I have to admit that it's a sweet consolation prize. Plus waving around your inflatable psiblade along with everyone else at the opening ceremony - even though you're doing it from your couch - is surprisingly fun.

So anyway, Blizzard said the bags would be shipped "on or before November 6, 2015." BlizzCon was held on November 6th and 7th. I was really hoping mine would show up before it started. Like maybe the day before? So I'd have the stuff during BlizzCon. Even if it came in after the 7th it'd still be cool, but having it while BlizzCon was still going on just adds a special touch. So the 6th arrived, but I still had no idea where my bag was. Bummer, but whatever. Andrew and I started watching the opening ceremony, and maybe like, two minutes after they premiered the World of Warcraft movie trailer (Dominic Cooper you guys <3), there was a knock on the door; and there was the UPS dude, with my white and blue box. It was a good morning. A handful of people have asked to see a closer look of what's inside, so I thought it'd be fun to just make a whole post about it! ANYWAY, enough rambling. Here's what's inside!

Presentation wise, I was excited just by the outside of the box it was shipped in, not gonna lie. The image above is of the box, but you can see the original photo I took (minus the editing and stuff) right here. So I open the giant box and pull out...the bag. The goody bag is an actual bag, hahah. It's a canvas messenger bag, with the BlizzCon logo and the logo's for all the Blizzard games embroidered on it. Now I can rep all my favorite games at the same time! Well, I don't play StarCraft, but still. The canvas is nice and thick, and so is the strap. There's a zip up pocket under the flap thingy, and another inside the bag. I was impressed.

BlizzCon Goody Bag

The next think I pulled out was a Heroes of the Storm Funko Mystery Mini box. I don't really collect Funko Pop figures. but I LOVE Heroes of the Storm, so I was excited! I was hoping to get Stitches, Nazeebo, or Diablo, but I ended up with Raynor. Raynor is cool too, though! I would have been happy with any of them. Well, I might have been a little bummed if I got Nova. Hahah. I hope they decide to expand on this collection, because I'd love to see Malfurion and Sgt. Hammer! Lunara would be cool too, but since she's not even released in the game yet I imagine we won't be getting figures of her anytime soon.

Heroes of the Storm Funko Mystery Mini Raynor

Then I pulled out this sweet Murkidan enamel pin! I love murlocs, they're so cute. See? Hahah. This year for BlizzCon they designed a new murloc that's a combo of your regular murloc and Illidan (who looks like this, if you're wondering). All ticket holders (virtual and regular) also get one of these bad boys as a battle pet in World of Warcraft. Aside from the messenger bag, this pin is my favorite item! I want to put the pin ON the bag, but I've lost pins that way before and I don't want to risk it. I did wear it on my collar and painted my nails to match that night for my #Nerdvember outfit, though :)

BlizzCon 2015 Murkidan Pin

Next up was this little chibi Diablo key chain! Isn't the Lord of Terror so adorable? He's made of the rubber material that anime key chains are always made out of. I also love that he's double sided (all the other key chains like this I own are just black on the other side). Diablo butt! He's hanging from my BlizzCon bag right now.

BlizzCon 2015 Diablo Key Chain

This one doesn't photograph well, and at first I didn't even know what it was. I mean, obviously it's the Overwatch logo, but it's made out of solid plastic and it took me a minute to realize it's a sticker! Andrew thinks we should put it on the car next to our Star Wars bumper sticker, but we're still undecided. I'm not a big FPS gamer so I'm not 100% sold on Overwatch yet. Andrew is really enjoying it, though.


Then I pulled out this really cute Hearthstone luggage tag! It's also made out of that rubbery key chain material, but up close the detailing looks so nice! I don't do much traveling, but I'm going to hang it from one of my bags anyway! I used to play Hearthstone all. the. time. - until Heroes of the Storm came out and took its place ;)

BlizzCon 2015 Hearthstone Luggage Tag

The final item is cool, but admittedly my least favorite of the bunch. An inflatable psi blade, from Starcraft! First of all, I don't play Starcraft. Second, it doesn't actually stay inflated for very long. Maybe a couple hours? Then it deflates and you have to blow it up again. So even if I was into Starcraft, this wouldn't even be suitable for displaying purposes. I don't know if everyone's did that, or maybe mine was just a dud. In addition to all that, I'm really trying to cut down on random stuff that just sits around. My apartment is too small for collecting! I mean, I don't need any of the other stuff that came in the bag, but at least they each have a purpose. An inflatable psi blade is going to sit on your shelf taking up space. And yeah, I know the exact same thing can be said about my Raynor figure, but at least I like him in Heroes of the Storm.


Overall I'm really happy with everything I got! I love having some Blizzard swag to show my love of some of my favorite games. Prior to this I didn't own ANYTHING Blizzard related (aside from the actual games, of course). I was always drooling over the cool World of Warcraft and Diablo stuff I'd see online, but I never bought any of it because I hate spending $35 on a t-shirt (I'm cheap). Currently I bring my BlizzCon messenger bag with me everywhere, even though people keep asking why do you need a bag so big? Because I wanna! Or because I have a lot of bullshit to carry around. Either one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment