Saturday, October 17, 2015

Read Play Blog - Game Characters I'd Want on my Zombie Apocalypse Team

Read Play Blog is a meme about video games and books, posted every 16th of the month. Bloggers are encouraged to answer a discussion question, recommend a video game that they like, and share what they're currently playing. Hosted by Happy Indulgence Books & Read Me Away!

Happy weekend! It's been awhile since I last wrote a Read Play Blog post. Usually the 16th just sneaks on by, and then I'll see one written by one of my other bloggy friends and I'm like, "awe, I'll do it next month FOR SURE." Yeah. But when I saw the theme for October I liked it so much that I wrote it down in my bullet journal so I DEFINITELY wouldn't forget this month. And here I am! Still a little late, but I did it! Ta daaaah :) So this months theme is video game characters we'd want on our apocalypse teams. I think this is both an easy topic and a hard one. If you play a lot of games I'm sure you can EASILY think of twenty-thousand characters to bring with you (unless the only games you play are dating sims, I mean, no judgments, but c'mon)...the hard part is narrowing the list down! So after much thought, here's what I came up with.

Jill Valentine - Resident Evil

I feel like Jill is the obvious choice for everyone, so let's just get this out of the way first. Jill can kick serious butt, and arguably has the most experience in these type of situations.

Jill Valentine gif

Johnny Gat - Saints Row

The ultimate badass! The only issue I can think of is that he's very impulsive, And the more I thought about it, the more I thought that might not be a great thing in an apocalypse. Although if he wants to be reckless and start shit then I guess it doesn't matter as long as he can hold his own (which he can). He did punch Satan in the face, after all.

Johnny Gat

Malfurion Stormrage - World of Warcraft/Heroes of the Storm

Because you always need a healer.

Malfurion Stormrage

Lara Croft - Tomb Raider

Not only can she fight, but I imagine her survivalist skills are the best in the group. No going hungry with Lara Croft around!

Currently playing: The Walking Dead Season 1

Telltale The Walking Dead

I'll be honest with you, I'm a little over the zombie phenomenon. I feel like everywhere you look there's a new zombie movie, book, or game out. I used to watch The Walking Dead, but I started to get bored and now haven't seen the last two seasons. HOWEVER, I'm really into those story based, choose your own adventure type games right now. I started with Life is Strange (amazing game, the last chapter come out this month!), then moved onto The Wolf Among Us (also great). I really want to play Tales from the Borderlands, but I'm waiting for it to go on a good sale (asinfreecoughcough). Andrew already had The Walking Dead games seasons 1 and 2, so with the nifty new sharing games feature on Steam (seriously, it's THE BEST, and you will save so much $$$), I started playing that. I don't have much to say about it right now, because I only started playing it last night. I didn't even finish the first episode yet, because I had to leave for work. Then I came back from work, and finished writing this post. Much adult. So far I am enjoying it, but out of the other two games I just listed, I'd put this at the bottom. For now, anyway. I'll let you know more after I've played a good chunk :)

So what are you playing right now? Next month's topic is When do you game and when do you read? I can't wait to see what everyone else has to say! 

No comments:

Post a Comment