Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Bookish (and not-so Bookish) Thoughts #9

Aaaahhhh it's Wednesday already!

1. Have you seen my new blog header?! Isn't it the greatest?! (Also if you're thinking "Duh of course I see it, I'm on your blog aren't I?" this is a legitimate question because if you read your blogs through a feed you sometimes don't see these things, so there!) It was drawn and painted for me by my buddy Fiona, who has her own awesome blog called North East Nerd! If you like her style be sure to check out her sticker shop, Badger & Bear! When discussing design ideas, I basically just wrote her a list of things I love and told her to have fun with it. She knows of my current X-Files and alien obsession, so when she sent me the first draft of this design I was over the moon! With the new season of The X-Files getting closer and closer each day we're just gonna be talking about that and aliens even more around here, so I hope you're ready! :P Thanks again, Fiona! You're the best!

2. Sooo...on that note, I'm currently reading The X-Files Season 10! It's a comic book series that's a continuation of the TV show (which ended with season 9). One of the writers is Chris Carter, who produced the TV show and created the whole series! So because of that, the comic books are considered a canon continuation (say that five times fast). I can't believe it took me so long to learn that these comics existed, but as I'm relatively new to the X-Files fandom I'm trying not to beat myself up about it ;) I think I first read about them in a blog post somewhere by Gladys, who is much cooler than me and has been a fan for a much longer time. Anyway, I'm really enjoying this series so far. It's well written and the art is really cool. It's just like having more X-Files to watch...I just have to read it with the characters voices in my head, hahah.

Mulder and Scully art
Not from the comic, but I like it anyway. (Source)

3. Is anyone here getting a virtual ticket for BlizzCon? Or have you done it in the past? Andrew and I were just talking about it and are curious about how much is shown, considering you can usually see a lot of it online for free, anyway! Is it a fun consolation prize for not being able to physically attend, or does it just rub it in your face more?! I don't know. I think it could be fun. I also like that virtual ticket buyers now have the opportunity to purchase the BlizzCon goody bag that all the other con-goers will be getting! Sigh. Maybe someday I'll get to go, hahah.

4. Have you checked out the awesome giveaway I'm hosting with Sent From Mars? There's still time to enter! You could win this stormtrooper clutch purse! Mari makes them herself because she's a badass ;)

stormtrooper purse

5. A few people have asked if I'm still using my bullet journal and how I'm liking it. It's awesome! I'm surprised that's it's keeping me waaay more organized than my old, regular planner did. I also think it's really fun :) I like using different colored pens, washi tape and stickers to keep it interesting.

6. So I'm about to start playing Dungeons & Dragons again. I was sort of bribed into it. And I'm not sure how I feel about it, yet. As a self identifying geek it's really embarrassing to say that I'm awful at D&D, but I am. I'm the worst at it! I always thought that a good imagination and basic critical thinking skills were all it took to be good at D&D, but either that's not true or I am missing those skills :(

alan rickman gif
What do you MEAN my dice roll wasn't high enough?! 

7. 
Our Blogger Book Drive goal is 75% funded!!! That means that so far $150.00 is going towards providing books for children that need them. This is AMAZING, you guys! It makes me so incredibly happy. If you'd still like to donate, our fundraising page will be open for just a few more days - you can find it right here!

stephen colbert dance gif
Me every time I see a new donation.

8. That's it for now :) Last week I was thinking I'd start doing these posts every other week instead, then this week I guess I just had more to say so I felt like sharing. I guess from now on the rule will be, "I will write them whenever I feel like it." Hahahah. Bookish (and not-so Bookish) Thoughts is hosted every Wednesday by Bookishly Boisterous!

No comments:

Post a Comment