Friday, August 7, 2015

The Avengers Book Tag!

The Avengers Book Tag

The lovely Kayly, writer/artist/nerd-mom extraordinaire behind My Open Sketchbook tagged me for The Avengers Book Tag! She also made the awesome image above! I'm pretty sure this is the most creative book tag I've seen, so I was super excited to try it out!

Iron Man - a book that made you laugh out loud: I am America (and So Can You!), by Stephen Colbert - I'm not going to get all political here, but if you're a fan of Stephen Colbert and The Colbert Report (RIP), then you'll LOVE this book!

I am America (and So Can You)

Captain America - a book that sends a positive message: My Friend Leonard, by James Frey - My Friend Leonard is a memoir that takes place after A Million Little Pieces (also known as that book Oprah got really angry about when she found out half of it wasn't true). To be honest, I don't really care if it's all true, as long as it makes a good story. Anyway, in the second installment James Frey is newly-sober and out of rehab. The book mostly focuses on his friendship with Leonard, his charismatic mobster friend. He's awesome and makes me wish I had a Leonard to be my friend (minus the mobster part...maybe).

My Friend Leonard

Thor - a book with a characters strength you admire: Cloud Atlas, by David Mitchell - Everyone already knows this is one of my favorite books, but I'm going to write about it anyway! One of the things that make this book so awesome is ALL of the strong characters. Loisa Rey, Adam Ewing, Timothy Cavendish, Sonmi-451 and Zachry (some would also say Robert Frobisher but tbh I'm not a fan) are all incredibly strong characters, each in very different ways. You'd think with how many different characters there are floating around in the book (there's like a million) that none of them would be particularly deep or fleshed out, but that's not true at all!

Cloud Atlas book

Black Widow - a book with a kick-ass female protagonist: The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins - As a whole I'm not obsessed with this series, but I admit that Katniss is pretty freakin' badass. She's strong and smart, and (for the most part) doesn't let a stupid love triangle distract her from getting shit done. Although I'm totally #TeamPeeta, if you were wondering :P

The Hunger Games book

Hulk-  a book that made you incredibly angry: The Book of Strange New Things, by Michel Faber - I only recently finished this book, so part of the reason it makes me so angry right now is probably just because the wound is still fresh, hahah. The ending was bad, the main character was bad, and the writing was often bad; because even though there's plenty of women in the story it really gives off a "this book was definitely written by a man" vibe. Which it was...but your portrayal of woman shouldn't be so off and pathetic that I have to tell people about it.

The Book of Strange New Things

Hawkeye - an underrated book you think more people should pay attention to: Anything written by Lisa See - So actually she's incredibly successful and generally not underrated, but I don't have a single friend that reads her books even though I LOVE them, which makes me feel like they are underrated :( Maybe they're just underrated for my age group. I don't know. But she's one of my favorite authors so I recommend her books to everyone!

Lisa See book covers
I took the time to make you this collage to show off the
pretty covers 'cause that's how much I want you to read them.

{BONUS} Loki - a book with a twist or surprise that tricked you: Before I Go to Sleep, by S.J. Watson - This book was a little annoying to read at times, but he really got me with the ending, so credit where credit is due. Also, even though I said it was annoying to read, I still think it's an interesting story! The movie also followed pretty closely to the book, which I was impressed with. Watching the movie when I already knew the ending was kinda lame though, hahah!

Before I Go to Sleep book

So there you go! I'm tagging Happy Indulgence Books and Kokoba! Have a great weekend, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment