Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Bookish (and not-so Bookish) Thoughts #6

1. Many people have asked how I like my new computer, so I'll say it again right here that it's amazing. I've been playing a lot of Saints Row IV (which wouldn't even run on my old laptop, I always had to use Andrew's computer to play it) and World of Warcraft (I finally have my first lvl 60!) and feeling totally badass. Yesterday I was listening to Pandora while editing photos on Paint.net and Pandora didn't crash ONCE. Yeah I know, pretty hi-tech stuff. Hahah!

2. This week I'm letting my inner magical girl shine with my new necklace from Etsy shop Hell Yeah Sweet N' Sour. I won this moon crisis necklace (which is from Sailor Moon, if you're like whaaa?) in a giveaway hosted my one of my favorite bloggers, Darling Stewie! It's a lot bigger and blingier than other necklaces I'm used to wearing! Everyone that sees it either thinks it's awesome or really weird and obnoxious.

Moon Crisis Necklace


3. Actually talking about book stuff now! So I started reading Tolstoy and the Purple Chair, but I'm having trouble getting into it. I mean, it's alright, but...ugh. So the main idea is that this lady makes a goal to read one book every day for a year. Which I guess is possible if you pick the right books and are a fast reader. Anyway, my uncertainty in this book started with her first day of her challenge. She picks The Elegance of the Hedgehog to read first, which in paperback is 325 pages (Goodreads told me). She starts reading it in the morning, as she's on a train to meet her husband for lunch. Then she reads it more on the train ride back. Then states that by the time she got home she only had "a few chapters left." When she gets home it's probably only about 4pm, because she starts making snacks for her kids on their way home from school. I don't know. Maybe I'm just bitter. If you can read that fast and still absorb the whole story then mad props to you, but it sounds like some baloney to me. Luckily this book isn't too long.

4. Now for some shameless self promoting, but it's also book related, and for a good cause!!! If you haven't heard the news yet (because I know we're a big deal wink wink) this month two of my blog friends and I are running a virtual BOOK DRIVE! To go along with it we're also going to be posting about various book topics every Monday, with a link-up if others want to join in as well! Our announcement and first topic (children's books) went live on Monday! Our goal is to raise $200 for First Book, an organization that provides books for kids in low-income families. Amanda, Pam and I would GREATLY appreciate it if you could help us spread the word, either by writing posts and linking up with us, or just a simple tweet! If you'd like to donate you can check out our donation page right here! Thank you!!!

First Book

5. Earlier this week I started a bullet journal! I first learned about it a few months ago and now it seems like all the cool kids are doing it. What I liked about the idea is that with a little effort, I could have all my crap in one place. This one journal could be my calendar, blog planner, grocery list holder, whatever I want! Also it was a good way to use all the washi tape I kept buying for no reason (and now I don't have to feel bad for getting MORE because I TOTALLY have a reason)! I've only been using it for a few days, but I'm hoping it's a habit that sticks so I can finally get more organized!

Washi Tape Bullet Journal


6. The perfect t-shirt is hard to find. On Thursday I was at Old Navy and bought two of these Linen-Blend Boyfriend-Tees (I hate the name, but it is what it is). The next day I decided I liked them so much, I went back and bought 3 more...because not only are they great but they were on sale for $8.00. I might have bought even more if they had more dark colors available. That was also the day I found some sweet stuff at the library book sale. So it was an A+ day. Where are your favorite t-shirts from? A few years ago those v-necks from Target were my jam, but they're not quite the same anymore!

--------------------

Bookish (and not-so Bookish) Thoughts is hosted every Wednesday by Bookishly Boisterous!

No comments:

Post a Comment