Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts #2

1. After checking way too many stores and magazine racks, I FINALLY found the Entertaiment Weekly X-Files issue! I love that there's a little alien head in the "e," hahah. So happy <3

The X-Files Entertainment Weekly

2. I got to see Jurassic World today! It was really fun and exciting, but not quite as amazing as I was lead to believe. Also, how did Claire run in those shoes the whole time? She'd probably have been better barefoot, just sayin'.

Jurassic World Shoes
How 'bout a pair of flats next time.

3. This week I learned how to embed Instagram photos on my blog! At first I was really excited, but then I realized that it posts the photos REALLY HUGE and I don't know how to make them smaller. I don't want them to take up the whole page!

4. One of my new favorite things right now are teggings from Re/Dress! Teggings are these awesome, magical things that are a combination of tights and leggings, except they are made for chunkier gals such as myself. They only come in one size, but they're meant to fit sizes 14 through 30. Whaaat?! Even though I'm on the smaller end of that scale, I was hesitant to order. I thought their claim very questionable and to be either a lie or crazy voodoo witchcraft, but after reading a million reviews throughout the blogosphere it seemed like neither of those were the case. I got a pair in the color eggplant and they are AMAZING. Highly recommend. They come in tons of fun colors, too! Ever notice bigger clothes tend to come in black, navy or grey? LAME. Technically you're not supposed to wear them as regular leggings, but when I put mine on I saw they weren't being stretched enough to be see through (so basically I'll be living in them). It really depends on how big yo booty is. I got mine in the capri length, but they also come in regular and tall length!

Teggings Re/Dress


5. Last week I said I would finally finish reading The Sweet Far Thing, and I just want everyone to know that last night I FINISHED IT! I didn't really want it to end (why Kartik, why?!), but carrying around all 819 pages of it to work and the gym has been quite a task.

6. I hope everyone had an awesome 4th of July. With that said, if you still have leftover fireworks laying around please stop setting them off. Because guess what? They'll still be there next year, and then you won't have to worry about buying more! And also because the 4th was four days ago and you're getting really annoying :)

7. Yesterday I learned that Kevin Smith's 2014 mega-flop Tusk is only the first in a trilogy?! But how?! And I guess this news has been out forever, but I only just heard. I can't imagine how two more movies would work, but I hope they're not trying to go all Human Centipede on me. Have you seen Tusk? What did you think?

8. BTW I haven't seen The Human Centipede 3 but I don't think I'm going to. I watched 2 against my better judgement and that was a huge mistake.

Stop by Bookishly Boisterous and be sure to check out everyone else's posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment