Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts #4

1. Thanks to everyone here and on Facebook who helped me find a purple book cover last week! I ordered a handful of your recommendations from the library, and the plan was to read whichever one came in first. So of COURSE two showed up at the same time. For my book with a purple cover I'm going to (hopefully) read Tolstoy and the Purple Chair. Since it has a color in the title it will also count for another book challenge I'm doing! I've read mixed reviews on this, so hopefully I like it well enough. The other book that came in was Etiquette and Espionage. I also needed a YA book for my challenge, so I'll be reading this too! Also it's a good fallback in case I don't want to finish Tolstoy for whatever reason.

2. Season 2 of BoJack Horseman is on Netflix!!! Rejoice! If I had known it was going to be here so soon I would have re-watched the first season.

BoJack Horseman

3. I got to do a little role play with Turtle while Andrew cleaned out his tank on Friday. Turtle really seemed to like my Walter White Funko and kept trying to eat his glasses! Maybe he has trouble seeing and wanted a pair of his own. Do animals have eye problems, too? Which reminds me of that video floating around Facebook lately, with the baby seeing through her glasses for the first time. How can we tell when a baby needs glasses?! Even more confusing, how would you know what prescription to give them?! Science is crazy, guys.

Walter White Funko

4. Who's finished reading Armada already? What did you think? I have a copy for my Nook but I haven't started it yet because I'm in between other things right now. Honestly, the premise doesn't really intrigue me. I REALLY liked the writing style of Ready Player One, so I plan to read it anyway and see what happens!

5. My birthday is tomorrow! I am turning 24 on the 23rd, hahah. To celebrate, Andrew and I are adventuring out to San Francisco for NightLife at the California Academy of Sciences! I've been wanting to visit for a long time. The last time I went was shortly after it reopened and they had added the indoor rain forest, aquarium and other things, but it was SO crowded I didn't actually get to see any of the things I really wanted to see! Recently I learned that every Thursday night they host NightLife, a 21+ event where you can explore the museum while listening to live bands and they serve drinks and things! Each NightLife is themed, and in addition to the regular exhibits they also host special activities connected to that nights theme. The theme tomorrow is dinosaurs! But honestly, I just want to explore the museum with a drink in hand and no kids running around. I'm SO excited! (No offense to those of you with kids. I'm sure they're great!)

CAS NightLife

6. Maybe it's just the heat, but lately I've been craving froyo CONSTANTLY. I love pomegranate yogurt but the only place in town that has it is in the mall! There's another place on the other side of town that has a good mixed berry yogurt though, and they have more toppings to choose from! What do you put on your yogurt?

7. I was thrift store hunting the other day and scored a black lace kimono cardigan thingy. I actually decided I needed one last month after reading this post on XO Mia, but didn't want to buy a new one so I put the thought on hold until I saw one calling to me at the thrift store. Success!!!

8. Have you seen the Jurassic Park: High Heels Edition parody video? I love it! Two weeks ago I wrote about how weird it was that Claire was running around in heels the entire time. Since I hadn't read many reviews of the movie (to avoid spoilers) I didn't know everyone else had the same problem! Hahahah.

Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts is hosted every Wednesday by Bookishly Boisterous! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment