Friday, May 8, 2015

Armchair BEA is Coming!

Armchair BEA
Designed by Nina, of Nina Reads!

Last year I participated in Armchair BEA, which is an online conference for book bloggers that aren't able to attend the real-life book convention, Book Expo America (or just BEA) in New York City! That way you can still "meet" other book bloggers, discuss books, and since both conferences happen at the exact same time (May 27th - June 1st), they also keep you in the know about what's going on in New York. Part of Armchair BEA are daily topics for everyone to write about on their blog each day of the conference! The blog topics were published on the Armchair BEA site on Friday, so I thought it'd be fun to share them here so you can have a little idea what I'll be writing about and you can check in if you're interested!

Armchair BEA
Source

You can click on the image source to be directed to the actual post, where they go into a bit more detail on each topic - but really they encourage you to get creative and interpret them however you want! It's not listed on the picture, but on the 31st everyone does a little wrap-up post to be all mushy gushy and write about what a great time they had. I don't know EXACTLY what I'm going to write about for each topic yet (or if I'll write about each and every topic). Last year I picked one of the two topics for each day and wrote about that one. I have a bit more blogging experience and more ideas floating around this year, so we'll see what I come up with! In the meantime, if I'm posting even less than usual (if that's even possible), it's because I'm working on my BEA posts! I have a lot going on that week, so if I want to participate in the other activities and read everyone else's great posts, I'll need to make sure mine are ready way ahead of time.

Another fun thing they do is have a daily Instagram contest! Each day of BEA there's a bookish related prompt for you to snap a picture of. One of the the prompts last year was to take a "shelfie," which is basically a picture of your bookshelf. My shelfie was one of the four winners!


So yeah. I'm really excited! Have you participated in Armchair BEA before? If not, does it sound like something you'd be interested in? Registration is free and still open (wink wink)!

No comments:

Post a Comment