Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Armchair BEA - Introductions

Armchair BEA

Hi friends, and welcome all my new Armchair BEA friends! I'm so excited to get started. If you're confused as to what's going on, you can catch up by reading this post I wrote a couple weeks back! Basically I'm participating in a five day online book conference. It runs in conjunction with Books Expo America happening right now in NYC - and since I'm not in NYC, here I am participating from home. Each day there's a different topic for participants to write about and discuss, so get ready for a week full of books!

Our first blog topic is introductions to help all the participants get to know each other :) A set of questions were supplied and we were asked to pick five of them, so here we go! Be sure to go "meet" some of the other bloggers by checking out the link up post in the ABEA hub!

Three of my favorite things: books, cats, and gifs.

Tell us a bit about yourself: How long have you been blogging? Where are you from? How did you get into blogging? - I've been blogging on and off since sometime in my early teens - and I'm 23 now ;) So that's quite awhile now that I'm thinking about it. Currently I blog from a little apartment in Northern California. While my blogging style and themes have gone through various reincarnations, my very first blog was a book blog! I loved writing about books I was reading (which used to be about five at a time), and I'm pretty sure the only person that read it was my mom, who has always been my biggest fan (thanks mom).

What is your theme song? - Clutch's Cyborg Bette if I'm in a car, Kanye West's POWER or Stronger if I'm playing a video game (I'm not so secretly a huge Kanye fan, I know I shouldn't be but I CAN'T HELP IT) or Queen's Don't Stop Me Now if I'm in a really great mood. I can never pick any one specific song for my life, hahahah.

Kanye West Dance Gif
I love music I can dance to!

What is the top book in your TBR pile? - Manhattan Mayhem: New Crime Stories From the Mystery Writers of America! I just got it in the mail from Quirk Books last week, and I can't wait to start it!
What book are you most looking forward to reading this summer? - We Are Pirates, by Daniel Handler! I've been wanting to read it since seeing him at his book event back in March!

It was a pretty cool night.
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what author would you want to bring with you? Why? - Maybe Lisa See, because I love everything she writes (so she could tell me great stories) and she seems super chill! OR maybe John Green, because even though I don't always like his books anymore he seems really fun and I feel like we'd never run out of things to talk about! That's it for the day! Tomorrow's topic is "Visual Espressions!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment