Thursday, May 28, 2015

Armchair BEA - Character Chatter

Armchair BEA
Today's banner is from My Open Sketchbook

Good morning friends, and welcome to day 3 of Armchair BEA! Today's topic is our favorite (or least favorite) characters! Good and bad characters have a HUGE impact on the books I like! If a character is lame or intolerable, chances are I'll hate the book. I try to be more open minded, but that's usually how it goes. Here's a look at some of my favorite book characters!

Leander, from The Bears Famous Invasion of Sicily, by Dino Buzzati

Leander is the king of the bears! He's brave, noble and BADASS! The Bears Famous Invasion of Sicily is one of my favorite books. Random fact - in World of Warcraft I have a plague bear companion and named him Leander. In the book, Leander has a son named Tony, so when Andrew was leveling one of his Warcraft characters with me, he found a bear cub pet and named him Tony. Love <3

The Bears Famous Invasion of Sicily
Since all the bears are drawn the same I thought I'd point him out.

Mark, from The Martian, by Andy Weir

Mark is AWESOME. Stuck on Mars? No worries, he'll just pass the time by growing potatoes and using his own poo to make soil. I could use a few lessons in optimism from Mark Watney.

Dana Scully, The X-Files

Alright, I'm not sure if this is cheating, but I'm adding a character from a TV show :) Scully is BADASS. Even though she worked in a (at the time)  male dominated field, she wasn't all weird and obsessive about that fact and just did her job like the awesome BADASS she is. She even rocked in those awful, baggy pantsuits in the earlier seasons. So basically she's everything.

Dana Scully The X-Files
EVERYTHING.

Tomorrows topic is book to movie adaptations! Wooooo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment