Saturday, May 16, 2015

5 Fandom Friday (on Saturday) - 5 Binge Worthy Shows

5 Fandom Friday

Happy not-Friday! So I used to do 5 Fandom Friday posts every week, but then life got in the way for a bit and I sorta just forgot to pick it back up. Then! Yesterday as everyone else's 5FF posts filled up my Bloglovin' feed I saw that the theme this week was your favorite binge watching shows! This is a topic I could totally get behind and could write about in five seconds flat. I LOVE re-watching my favorite shows. I know a lot of people don't see the point in that, but I think it's so fun and comforting to revisit my favorite characters. Every time I rewatch a series I finish loving it even more. Here's my top 5!

5. Flight of the Conchords

Even though there's only two seasons of Flight of the Conchords, it's still fun to watch over and over again. The humor is so awkward and perfect, and since there's so much singing it feels like I'm watching a musical. This is a great show to have on in the background, because even if you can't give your full attention to it you can still jam to all the fun songs!

Flight of the Conchords I'm Not Crying
"I'm not crying...it's just raining...on my face..."

4. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Andrew introduced me to this show shortly after we met, and then it kinda just became our thing and we'd watch an episode or two every time I went over! Now I'm pretty obsessed and since then have rewatched the series twice :) The humor is so weird and often dark, it's hard not to laugh. It's Always Sunny always has the best call-back jokes!

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia dance gif
#SquadGoals

3. The Office 


I jumped on The Office bandwagon a little late, which is ok because that just means you don't have to wait between seasons. By the time I started watching The Office on Netflix, everyone else had given up because it was around the time (spoiler) Michael Scott left. This is my favorite light-hearted show, and it can always put me in a good mood! Andy's my favorite!

The Office Andy
If you've seen me post this gif five times before, it's because it's one of my favorites.

2. Desperate Housewives

Yet another one of my favorites shows that's no longer airing. I don't remember how or when I got into this show, but it quickly became a favorite. Most people that don't watch Desperate Housewives seem to assume it's just a drama, and while it does have dramatic elements and story lines it's more of a comedy that pokes fun at living in the suburbs. This show always made me wish I was best friends with my neighbors! Maybe someday, hahah. I've binge watched this show a lot of times, but now that it was pulled from Netflix I'll have to find another way to watch it!

Desperate Housewives Bree

1. The X-Files

Everyone following my blog this year knows that I became SO OBSESSED with X-Files recently! Every episode was on Netflix, and nothing could stop me from watching them one after another until, sadly, there were none left. After watching the last episode, I started crying. It was so silly. Andrew was like "Why and you crying? It ended as close as it could to the way you wanted!" Which was true, because I wanted Mulder and Scully to run away together, hahah. But the real reason I was crying was because the end of The X-Files meant I had to find a different show to watch, and after spending so much time invested in Mulder and Scully (and the baby, THE BABY *ugly crying*) , I just wasn't ready to start another show! #FandomProbs. Anyway, with the new season confirmed I have something to look forward to! Also, Dana Scully is probably the greatest female character ever written.

The X-Files

So those are my favorite shows! What shows do you love to binge watch? I hope everyone's having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment