Monday, April 6, 2015

Kawaii Box!

Kawaii Box

Happy Monday! (I know none of us like Mondays, but I like to wish people a happy one anyway, can't hurt.)  I hope everyone had a great Easter! Last week I received my very first Kawaii Box in the mail! What on earth is a Kawaii Box and why should I care, you ask? Well, let me tell you. Kawaii Box is the cutest monthly subscription service ever, where you receive a box filled with hand-picked kawaii goodies from Japan and Korea directly to your home every month! They offer free worldwide shipping, and every item you receive is 100% original and licensed. Yay!

Way back in December I won a giveaway on Bookworms in Dresses for a free Kawaii Box! Being so far back I'd kind of forgotten about it, but last week I was happily surprised to learn it was waiting for me at the post office! My little Kawaii Box made quite the journey; it was sent from Singapore, and judging from the labels and stamps on the box it looks like it somehow stopped in the UK for a bit! Once it made it to my town the postman attempted to drop it off to me, but since I wasn't home he took it back to the post office for me to pick up! I live in walking distance from the post office, so right after I saw the delivery notice I headed straight over! Here's what was inside.

Kawaii Box

1. The first thing I saw in the box was this cute little handwritten note and card. Sweet little touch.

2. The red panda keychain plush is awesome! He's so cute. I remember when I was younger and I had SO MANY plush keychains! Most of them were Hello Kitty, but I had a lot of Pokemon ones, too. I think I'll be adding this guy onto my hedgehog backpack.

3. Next was this pastel cube bracelet! I think it'll be a fun touch to an outfit :)

4. The diamond travel tag will be useful on my journeys this summer!

Kawaii Box

5. I love this bear cupcake mechanical pencil! The topper is so cute, and you can never have too many mechanical pencils. Or I can't, anyway. They're like bobby pins, always mysteriously disappearing...

6. ...same thing goes for erasers! I love Hello Kitty, so this eraser is perfect!

7. The lollipop hairclip is so glittery! I'm not sure if the colors will look great on me, but even if I don't end up wearing it I want to finding something to use it for.

8. Metallic gift stickers! Lately I've been really into stickers, stationary, pens and things like that because I've been toying with the idea of finding a pen pal!

9. They also sent a pencil case for my new pencil and eraser! I love the galaxy print trend that's been happening. Last week I was in a store looking at a galaxy print dress. I showed it to Andrew and asked what he thought, and all he said was "why does that dress look like outer space?" Men.

Kawaii Box

10. So I was really confused about the big candy thing. I couldn't read the package so I didn't even know what to call it! Quick google search taught me that it's called Kracie Nerunerunerune DIY Candy, and you mix the different powders with water to make a sugary paste like this! So I'd say this is a treat to enjoy at home, hahah. Can't wait to try it out!

11. More candy! I'd always wanted to try green tea Kit Kats, and now I finally have! It was really...interesting. Hahah! I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. My bar was a little deformed from it's long journey, but it had hardened back up again and was fine to eat!

12. ...and even more candy! Just not the edible kind. It's a little Apollo Strawberry Chocolate keychain! I've never tasted one before, but I knew what it was from seeing them in anime and Japanese movies!

13. The last item in my box was a set of cute panda chopsticks. I'll probably just hold on to these instead of trying to use them - I'm terrible with chopsticks!

So that's everything! Even though I had no idea what I'd be getting, opening my Kawaii Box was really fun. I've seen a million different box subscription services, but until now I've never had a chance to try one out! I have a few more different boxes I've been itching to try, so maybe that'll happen sometime, too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment