Monday, March 9, 2015

Influenster #RefreshVoxBox!

"The #RefreshVoxBox is here and it's ready to rejuvenate you from the inside out! Now that the holiday season is over and you're a month into your 2015 resolutions, we though you might need a little boost. #RefreshVoxBox to the rescue! From healthy snacks to face masks and flossers, this VoxBox is jam-packed with products that will revamp your daily routine."

Last month Influenster was kind enough to send me their new #RefreshVoxbox! I was so excited when I saw the message in my email! Here's what was inside...

Influenster #RefreshVoxBox
(Not pictured is a second bag of Beanitos chips! Yum.)

Montagne Jeunesse Black Seaweed Peel Off Masque
- This mask is supposed to help detox and get a deep clean for your skin. To be honest, the color and consistency is a little terrifying. It's very dark and sludgey, while still being very liquidy. Right after putting it on I hopped on Facebook because I had to tell everyone how much it reminded me of the black oil from The X-Files. This stuff is a real mess to put on, and you're gonna get it EVERYWHERE. The fun part is once it dries, and you get to peel it off and pretend you're a snake shedding its skin. It's oddly fascinating and also really gross. This dried my skin a bit, so I just moisturized my situation after peeling all the mask off and everything was fine. I saw no real noticeable improvements to my skin, but no bad side effects, either. These retail for $1.49 each.

Montagne Black Seaweed
Face detoxer or mind controller? Only time will tell.

COVERGIRL UltraSmooth Foundation - First of all, why does the title much "ultra" and "smooth" into one word? I don't like it, but I guess that has nothing to do with the actual product inside. Anyway, this stuff is interesting. It's purpose is to smooth out your face by controlling the hair on your face. It even sounds weird, right? It comes with this little silicon pad that you're supposed to use to blend it into your skin. That part was weird, too and I just felt like I was making a mess. I don't normally wear liquid foundation because I always feel like I apply it wrong. A buddy of mine told me an easier way is to try rubbing together a dollop of foundation and a dollop of face lotion, to turn it into more a BB cream so I don't have to worry as much about everything being perfectly even. So when the weird silicon face pad failed me I ditched it and tried that method, which worked a lot better for me! It's a medium coverage foundation, and doesn't feel too heavy. I only learned like, this week, that I'm supposed to be using face primer under everything, which a buddy of mine is going to help me out with. After that I think I'll be able to form a better opinion on this! It retails for $12.99 - $16.99.

COVERGIRL UltraSmooth

Beanitos Chips - I received two bags of these, one is nacho cheese, and another in "restaurant style." They're both white bean chips and supposedly super good for you. Both were alright, but the restaurant style was a little bland on its own. I wish I'd had some salsa! The nacho cheese reminded me of Doritos, but they were a little spicy! These go for $3.49. I'm not sure of that's for the small sized bags I got, or for the bigger bags you'd get at the grocery store, though?

Skinnygirl Tasty Nutrition Bar - These are supposed to be a healthy way to indulge. I'm no health guru (in fact, I learned how to properly count calories and portion sizes like, last year) so I can't really tell you how great for you they are. I can tell you that they taste pretty good! The flavor I received was chocolate peanut butter with sea salt. Yum! These retail for 5 for $5. While I did enjoy the bar, there's other bars out there I like just as much for a bit cheaper.

Beanitos

Listerine Pocketpaks - These are kind of weird, too. They're these super thin sheets, and you place one on your tongue and just let it do its thing. In a second it'll turn into a weird sticky gel consistency, and you'll wonder what you just got yourself into. Luckily, the sticky gel phase doesn't last long. After it dissolves completely you will realize how strong the mint flavor is, as your nasal passages feel like they've turned into wind tunnels during the winter. A few years ago I read an article about how chewing gum can actually make your breathe smell worse, and ever since have been skeptical of anything claiming to freshen my breathe. You know how sometimes you'll pop in a piece of gum just because you're trying to get a certain flavor out of your mouth? These work PERFECTLY for that.

Dentek Comfort Clean Floss Picks - These are pretty much just like any other floss pick. I love floss picks though, so I'll definitely be using these up! The ends are sharper and pokier then other floss picks I've used. They're not going to deathly stab you, but something to keep in mind before giving one to your kid. They retail for only $1.39 a bag, so I can see myself purchasing them in the future. Honestly, I'm not too great as flossing everyday, so this year I've been keeping floss picks in the house because I find them easier and quicker to use, which gets me flossing more regularly. Yay!


L'occitane Shea Light Comforting Cream - Unfortunately I can't write a full review on this because...I was too scared to put it on my face. I wasn't sure exactly what it was when I saw it in the box, so I looked up reviews online and it seemed like everyone was using it as a face lotion. My face is crazy moody and picky when it comes to lotions, though, so I'm always hesitant to add something new into the mix. I did, however, try some on my hands. It made my hands SUPER SOFT, so that was cool. It smells strongly like baby powder, which didn't bother me, but I know a lot of people that hate that. The cute little 8ml jar I got retails for $5.

L'occitane Light Comforting Cream

Phew. So that's my #RefreshVoxBox. Have you tried any of these products? If you're not a member of Influenster yet and think you want to join, hit me up for an invite! It's free! We all love free!

No comments:

Post a Comment