Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My Top 5 Favorite Anime Series



Happy Wednesday! I didn't have a post in the queue for today, but I was in an anime list making mood so I had some fun whipping this up really quick. I also just like having an excuse to post more gifs, hahah. Enjoy! Starting with #5, we have...

5. Excel Saga

Excel Saga is probably one of the weirdest shows I'm into. I recently re-watched it and noticed a lot of things that flew over my head the first time around, like, "this isn't just kinda weird, this is really freakin' weird." It's sort of a sci-fi comedy/parody. Also the characters die and come back constantly, but it's alright because it's a parody.

Excel Saga Puchuu
It also has a lot of these guys.

4. Paranoia Agent

Making a complete 180, another favorite is Paranoia Agent, which isn't a comedy and is actually a super terrifying psychological thriller. For some reason I really enjoy watching those type of things even though I always regret it later that same night.

Paranoia Agent Maromi
Maromi's really cute if you give him a chance, though.

3. Trigun

A classic. Overall it's very action oriented, but our hero Vash the Stampede is very kindhearted (while still being a badass) and brings some comedic elements to the table. Also he loves donuts.

Trigun donut gig

2. Samurai Champloo

Samurai Champloo is fun, and follows the Edo period of Japan while mixing in a bunch of hip hop beats and culture. Even though there IS a general story line, they only follow it maybe half the time, so you can just chill and laugh at the jokes and not really worry about it. I actually think all the filler episodes were the best ones, but I might be in the minority there. Also the music is on point.

Samurai Champloo
I have this picture as a wall scroll hanging in my living room, so you know I'm serious.

1. Fullmetal Alchemist

Obviously this is #1! If I had to pick one anime series to bring on a desert island, this would be it. I consider myself pretty dedicated. I've watched all the shows, movies, read the manga and even played the two very sub-par PS2 games (if the other games are ever released here I'd play them too, but at this point I doubt they will be). Eventually I hope to have a collection of all the DVD's and manga's, but since all that's expensive I'm very slowly expanding my collection when I get lucky and find one for a great deal. Sometimes I find the manga at library sales, which is very exciting :)

Fullmetal Alchemist

What's your favorite anime? Next week I'll list my top 5 favorite manga. I promise they're not all the same as this list!

No comments:

Post a Comment