Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Read Play Blog - 2015 Games I'm Excited About

Read Play Blog is a meme about video games and books, posted every 16th of the month. Bloggers are encouraged to answer a discussion question, recommend a video game that they like, and share what they're currently playing. Hosted by Happy Indulgence Books & Read Me Away!

It's Read Play Blog time again! It's one of my favorite bloggy things to do every month - I love reading about what all the cool gamer girls are playing. I hope no one minds, but I'm posting this two days early because this months 16th fell on the same day as 5 Fandom Friday, hahah. So let's get to it :)

What games are you looking forward to in 2015?

Evolve! I think this game sounds like SO much fun. Because destroying your friends as a giant kraken is always fun. Evolve comes out next month, but unfortunately I already know I won't be getting it right away, hahah. I'm also looking forward to Dungeon Defenders II and Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell - but you already knew that.


Game Recommendation: Dungeon Defenders

Mentioning Dungeon Defenders II made me realize that I've never written about Dungeon Defenders here at all, which is weird because it's an awesome game. It's kind of a tower defense/RPG, where one to four players work together to protect the Eternia Crystals from being destroyed by waves of enemies! I guess it sounds boring, but I promise it's fun.

After a few waves it gets a little hectic.

Currently Playing: Don't Starve Together


Sometime last year Andrew gave me a copy of Don't Starve on Steam. It's an interesting game. You play as Wilson, a little funny haired scientist dude, who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. The goal is simple - don't starve! Or die by any other means, really Hahah. You'll need to learn how to exploit the environment and the mysterious creatures in it if you want to live longer than a few days. I played it for a little while and thought it was fun enough, but playing it alone can get a little dull. But then!!! They announced an expansion, Don't Starve Together would be coming out, where you can play with friends. Well it recently came out in beta, and Andrew, my brother and I have been playing it together a lot lately. It's SO much more fun now, and we're having a great time. We're still not too great at staying alive too long, though. Here's a screenshot I took when things got a little hairy -

Don't Starve Together, Beefalo, Wilson, Wendy, WX-78

I'm playing as Wilson (with the funny hair), and I'm being chased by that giant tree on fire. It was disguised as a REGULAR tree and I tried to chop it down to get fire wood. Big mistake. The little girl is my brother, who I called to come help me with the tree, but on his way over he angered a Beefalo (who are usually quite friendly) which then started to chase him. Andrew played as the robot on the right, who came to help us both and thought lighting the tree on fire would kill it. Unfortunately, it did not and we all died, one by one, shortly after. I took a lot more screenshots of this game just because I like the art style and silly looking characters, so I might make a separate post another day just to share more! :)

So there's another months worth of gaming shenanigans from me. What have you been playing lately? What games are you looking forward to this year? Have you angered any Beefalo lately?

Past Read Play Blog posts:

- My Gaming Wishlist & and Christmas Recommendations

1 comment:

  1. Hey Everyone,

    Below are the most recommended Bitcoin exchanges (BUY/SELL):
    Coinbase: $1 min. transaction
    CoinMama

    Get free Bitcoins with the best Bitcoin faucet rotator:
    IACBit.org Faucet Rotator

    ReplyDelete