Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My 2015 Reading List

Here's a look at a few of the books I'm hoping to read this year. Some are new, but most of them are books that have been sitting on my shelf (both actual shelf and my "want to read" Goodreads shelf) and honestly should have already read by now. Not for much longer! Muahahah. Each title listed links to its Goodreads page, so you can add it to your lists on Goodreads, too! ;)

Books

Funny Girl, by Nick Hornby

Fall of Giants, by Ken Follett (Ken Follett books are a guilty pleasure of mine. I don't think any of them are really that great, but I read them anyway.)

Jonothan Strange & Mr. Norrell, by Susanna Clarke

Doomed, by Chuck Palahniuk

Far from the Madding Crowd, by Thomas Hardy (As far as classics go, Thomas Hardy books are my favorite. I haven't read this one yet, but I just heard it was made into a movie which will be out this year with the beautiful Carey Mulligan!)

The Interestings, by Meg Wolitzer

Why We Broke Up, by Daniel Handler

Android Karenina, by Ben H. Winters (with the androids)/Leo Tolstoy (minus the androids)

Egg and Spoon, by Gregory Maguire (this was on my Summer reading list, but look how far that got me)

What the Dickens, by Gregory Maguire

Dark Places, by Gillian Flynn (Not sure if I'll actually try to read this one. Gone Girl was very "meh" for me.)

The China Lover, by Ian Buruma

The Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy, by Sam Maggs

Emma and the Vampires, by Wayne Josephson (Jane Austen's Emma with all the leading men as vampires? Sounds like a winner.)

What are you planning on reading this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment