Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Currently...


January was an alright month for me. I got to have a break from working at the theatre, so I was able to catch up on a few things I'd been missing out on! I've already started my New Year's resolution to read more - so far I've finished two books + I'm working on two more right now, which I don't think is too bad. I started a new job. I went to a museum. I did a bit of creative writing (Or did I? Ooooh~). AND, so far I've had a new blog post up every day that I'd hoped/planned to. So yeah, my year started off pretty good. I hope you're all having a great year so far, too! :) I usually do one of these "currently" posts and another post the following week with photos I took that month, but this month I'm shoving them both together since I didn't take as many pictures!

Favorite January photos!
1) Causal Aquaman day (because why not). 2) Badass sunset seen from my front door. 3) Library haul + one of the books I'm currently reading. 4) More books! From a contest I won; and one of them is autographed! 5) Hello Kitty cocoa.
6) Me and Charlie Brown at the Charles Schulz Museum!

Reading

I'm in between a few things right now. I'm reading Doomed, by Chuck Palahniuk, which is alright but not my favorite of his. I'm not sure if I'm going to do a full review of it here once I'm done because some of it makes me feel icky. I'm also, very slowly, reading the third book in The Gemma Doyle Trilogy - The Sweet Far Thing. Back in November I wrote about rereading the first in the series, A Great and Terrible Beauty, because I didn't remember how the series ended. Well it turns out I couldn't remember how the series ended because I DIDN'T EVEN READ THEM ALL. It was so long ago and since I already had all three books, I just assumed I'd read them all. What's wrong with me? Anyway, in December I finished the second book, Rebel Angels, and now I'm working my way through the final book which of course is the longest of the bunch.

Watching
Currently I'm watching The X-Files! Until this month I'd never seen a single episode before. In a Secret Santa Christmas swap I got a box set of the first season, along with some other geeky goodies! When I discovered my Secret Santa and told him I'd never seen X-Files, he along with everyone else in the room couldn't believe it. So far I like it well enough. It's not my favorite, but it's a fun way to pass the time. I'm still on the first season, but I feel like every episode starts with Mulder being like, "It's aliens, Scully!" and then Scully's like, "IT'S NOT OUR CASE, MULDER."

Listening
Right now I'm really into the new Taylor Swift album, 1989. When she first came on the scene I was pretty "meh" about her music, but as the years went on I started liking her more and more. The new Taylor Swift album is probably the only thing I know about popular music right now. Andrew keeps making fun of me when I have it playing, because it's so different compared the Kanye West and Outkast albums I'm usually jammin' to.


Playing
This month I'm plying the crap out of Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together. I already wrote about it right here and here though, so I won't bore you with any more of it, hahah.

Loving
Lately I'm a little obsessed with french braiding! You know, because I catch on to all the trends at least  a year late. For years I've been trying to french braid my own hair, and since I'm the worst with anything hair related, it took me 23 years to figure out how (so embarrassing). And now I can FINALLY say that last week I finally got a freakin' french braid in my hair. Hah! +5 dexterity points to Natalie. So now I'm revisiting all those hair tutorials I had to pass on because I couldn't braid before.

Working On
Something I'm kind of working on right now is decluttering my space a little bit. It wasn't originally a resolution or anything, but it seems like it was for everyone else, and I guess I felt inspired...or bad about myself, either one. I'm not tackling anything huge, but for example one night (after reading this post on Kimi Who) I went through my nail polish and got rid of a bunch of bottles. The box was overflowing, and when I laid them all out I realized many of the bottles were old and goopy anyway, so into the trash they went. Earlier in the month I gave some of my clothes to a friend for her daughter, because as much as I liked the clothes I hadn't fit into them for years (cry). I'm very slightly considering on weeding down my book collection, but let's not get too crazy.


So that's me lately! What have you been up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment