Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Read Play Blog: My Gaming Wishlist and a Christmas Recommendation!

Read Play Blog
Read Play Blog is a meme about video games and books, posted every 16th of the month. Bloggers are encouraged to answer a discussion question, recommend a video game that they like, and share what they're currently playing. Hosted by Happy Indulgence Books & Read Me Away!

What's on your gaming wishlist? 

There's a few games I've had my eye on lately, so here's my top three! I think we can all agree that it's nearly impossible for a gamer to pick just ONE.


1. Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell If you're a regular reader of my video game posts then it's no surprise to see this on my list. If you're interested in a more in-depth description of why I need this in my life, check out this past post entirely dedicated to it!

2. LEGO The Hobbit I'm a huge fan of all the LEGO games, and LEGO Lord of the Rings has been the best one I've played so far! I can't wait to see what this one has in store.

3. Five Nights at Freddy's Honestly, I have mixed feelings on this one. I've always had a huge fascination with horror games (their story lines are always the best), but when I actually play them I get too scared and turn to mush. So yes, I strongly WANT to play this game, but I'm not sure if I actually WILL. Such is my life.

My Recommendation: BattleBlock Theater
BattleBlock Theater

With Christmas right around the corner (aaaahhh), I decided on a game that I would recommend to a broad range of people, in case you were planning on buying someone a game for the holidays! Basically I'd recommend it to anyone that isn't a stick in the mud. BattleBlock Theatre plays like an arcade game (so it's pretty simple to learn) with more of a story and witty humor throughout. The game begins with a narrator setting up the story of hundreds of friends aboard the S.S. Friendship (friend-ship, heheh). After a heavy storm, they're shipwrecked on a seemingly abandoned island, where the crew also vanishes. When your character finally wakes up he finds a run down theater, where you also find the entire crew who's being held hostage by CATS! The only thing I found disappointing about this game was that it didn't translate over to PC very well, in my opinion. I'm mostly a PC gamer, so when I found out this was finally getting released on PC I was really excited. Unfortunately I think it's better left on console.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

I've talked about playing WoW on and off for months now, so this isn't particularly interesting to read about anymore, hahah! I'm still having a lot of fun with it, and just when I think I've gotten the hang of it I learn about something new I should be doing! There's just SO MUCH stuff to do in Warcraft, it'd hard to get bored of it.

And tah-dah! That's it for this month. Next month's topic is games we're looking forward to in 2015! I promise I won't talk about Saints Row this time. I think you all get the idea by now ;)

Past Read Play Blog posts:
- Sci-Fi Games
- Halloween Edition!
- Favorite Gaming Platforms
- Favorite Gaming Genre

Pssst...there's still time to enter the Femmecraft giveaway I'm hosting here on the blog! Express and support your geeky passions with jewelry that gives back - each pendant donates 10% to a correlating charity!

18 comments:

  1. I think I need to check out Five nights! And I didn't know about theme. I want to write up one now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you play it let me know! Since I keep flip flopping you'll probably play it sooner than I will, hahah!

      Delete
  2. My list is so long compared to everyone elses, lol. Saints Row is a must! I still need to finish up the last one though. I can't believe I forgot Lego Hobbit on my list, I'm a huge LEGO game fan and I agree the Lord of The Rings was one of the best. BattleBlock Theater is a lot of fun, it was a free game on Xbox 360 for a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl you definitely need to finish it! The third was my favorite, but I'd say the newest is my second favorite :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. My OG character is a Troll Shamen, but lately I've been having fun with my Panderan Hunter. For the Horde!

      Delete
  4. BattleBlock Theater looks cute and fun, for which console was it orginally released? I never played Warcraft, not sure why, it just never appealed to me. Glad to hear you're havign fun with the game though :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was originally just on xbox 360! You can get it in the Live Arcade :)

      Delete
  5. I've been playing WoW since Burning Crusade, but have taken a break for the past several years and just recently signed back in. I'd forgotten how addicted I get to it. And it's kinda crazy how much easier normal play has gotten over the different expansions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only started playing at the beginning of this year! I like it a lot, but my boyfriend often mentions how different it is now!

      Delete
  6. I miss Warcraft so much. My computer isn't good enough. I can only play Runescape and diablo 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Diablo 3! I play on a laptop, so it doesn't run a lot of the games I want either. To play WoW I had to turn all the settings doooowwwnnn. Hahah.

      Delete
  7. Hehehe seeing you talk about WoW each month is like me talking about playing Skyrim all the time! Definitely not new but at least there's something to keep us occupied. Five Nights at Freddy's I've heard about twice now in this meme, it looks pretty interesting but I can't do horror games either. Have a lovely Christmas Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes! It just means we really like them ;) Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  8. I really have been wanting to play WOW to be honest. I just don't know if I have a computer powerful enough or if I want to pay for another subscription (I already pay for PSN and Xbox Live).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think nowadays most computers can play WoW, unless you have a 20 yr old computer with dial up or something, hahah! I play it on pretty basic laptop. I had to turn some of the display settings down a little (like the shadows and other unimportant things), and it runs just fine! :) I also have XBox live so I feel ya on the subscription thing.

      Delete
  9. BattleBlock Theater looks perfectly wacky and fun!

    ReplyDelete