Monday, December 1, 2014

#Nerdvember Day 17-30 Recap and Wrap Up

#Nerdvember

Following suite of my first recap, here's a little rundown on the rest of my #Nerdvember outfits for the month! #Nerdvember is an Instagram contest that was put together by the girls over on Set to Stunning! The goal is to wear nerdy themed outfits for as many days as possible during November. Outfits can range from something obviously geeky like your favorite Marvel t-shirt, or more vague, like an outfit inspired by a character through the use of a specific color palette! So let's get to it!

Les Miserables, Fullmetal Alchemist

Day 17 - Fullmetal Alchemist I bought these Colonel Mustang and Major Armstrong charms at Anime Expo years ago. I never found the perfect place for them, so they eventually ended up as a necklace! Fullmetal Alchemist will always be my favorite anime! Also Colonel Mustang is my favorite character :)

Day 19 - Les Miserables I don't know if this theme technically counts or not, but it's definitely something I nerd out about so I went with it anyway! Les Mis is one of my favorite musicals. I even thought the movie was ok (not awesome, but ok). I got the charm bracelet when my mom and I went to see Les Mis at the Orpheum for our birthdays! The shirt is from when the theatre company I work for did their own production of Les Mis (one of the most difficult shows I've ever worked on), and the button was from a yard sale.

Power Rangers

Day 20 - Power Rangers Go go Power Rangerrrsss! I got this pin when I met Walter Emanuel Jones, AKA the original Black Ranger! I was a huge Power Ranger fan when I was a kid!

Day 22 - Ranma 1/2 Ukyo Kuonji didn't show up too often in the Ranma 1/2 series, but when she did it was always pretty amusing. Obviously this was a super basic day, but if I learned anything from #Nerdvember it's that my pin collection's a lot more badass than I remembered.

Katamari Damacy, Blueberry & Pineapple

Day 23 - Katamari Damacy I'm pretty sure the Katamari series is one of the cutest ever made. The earrings came in a set from Forever 21, but don't they look like little Katamari balls? Hahah.

Day 27 (Thanksgiving!) - Space I am the WORST at all forms of nail art, but for some reason I decided to try my own version of "galaxy nails." The picture is terrible quality, but you get the idea. It also matches the barrette I wore that day! It's from our shop, Blueberry & Pineapple ;)

Thor, Grumpy Cat

Day 28 - Thor This is my new Thor shirt! With the Black Friday sale it was only a couple bucks! I don't have many long sleeved shirts so this was a good piece to pick up for Winter. And it's just awesome.

Day 29 - Cats Cats on cats on cats! It's no secret that I love cats, and I've collected a LOT of cat things over the years. My favorite piece is my Grumpy Cat shirt! I ordered it on Think Geek last year for $5 (I'm a sucker for a sweet deal).

Jordandene

Day 30 - Lord of the Rings/Christmas I wore my Jordandene tank (again) to work! It was really cold that day so I paired it with a fuzzy thneed infinity scarf and a cardigan! I also added my Christmas tree earrings to be more festive <3

The end! This recap has a few less pictures than the last one did, unfortunately. I mentioned it a bit on a post last week, but I've been crazy busy and kind of in a slump, so some days I didn't have the time and other days I just wasn't feeling inspired. Either way I'm really glad I decided to participate in this challenge. The days that I did do something were a lot of fun! Sometimes I got weird looks (particularly on the cat day), but other people loved it. I also loved scrolling through the #Nerdvember tag on Instagram and seeing what everyone else came up with. Some of the outfits I saw were so creative! Today I was cleaning my closet a bit and found a few other items I could have used and I totally regret not finding them sooner! Oh well, there's always next year :)

16 comments:

  1. I really like your outfits <3 And your blue-starry nail polish is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's stayed on pretty well (must be all the coats of glitter hahah). I'm still wearing it now!

      Delete
  2. Les Miserables !!! Like the Thor shirt also.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a good job with this challenge! I love them all, especially that green cat sweater :P


    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love my cat sweater, it's so cozy <3

      Delete
  4. Lots of lovely things here :) thanks for linking up ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Les Mis and LOTR! I sooo want to goto New Zealand one day and see hobbiton!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting that Not All Who Wander Are Lost shirt. It's awesome! I'm reading The Fellowship of the Ring right now and just read that part the other day. Thanks for sharing this with Hump Day Happenings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nerdvember?! Ha! I never heard of that before.

    You have shared some brilliant pieces here!

    Thanks for sharing and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop!

    Wishing you a lovely weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool idea, love it! That Thor shirt is pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete