Monday, December 29, 2014

Currently


Reading
Last week I finished reading Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline. For the most part I really liked it! However there are a LOT of 80's pop culture references, and some of it I just couldn't really keep up with. I do like some 80's movies and music, but I'm not obsessed with it and I wasn't born until '91. I have a few older friends that grew up in the 80's and LOVE this book, and I can understand why.

Watching 
Andrew and I are currently re-watching Arrested Development! Another one of my favorite, no longer running shows.

Listening
I don't really listen to a lot of Christmas music, but recently I've been listening to Cee Lo Green's Christmas album, Cee Lo's Magic Moment. It's just as ridiculous as you'd imagine.


Playing
Technically I've only played it once this month, but the game I'm really into right now is a tabletop game called Betrayal at House on the Hill. I didn't know much about it until my younger brother told me he wanted it for Christmas, but "I don't actually expect anyone to get it for me, it's expensive and hard to find." I guess he hasn't figured out that nothing's that hard to find with Amazon and Ebay around. However it was a little expensive, so my older brother, Andrew and I pooled in to get it for him. We all played it on Christmas and it was SO MUCH FUN. You start off as a group of friends exploring a seemingly abandoned mansion. Halfway through the game changes when the "haunt" begins, and you find out that one of you is actually a traitor that lured the rest of the friends there for one evil purpose or another. It comes with 50 different scenarios, so we're going to be playing this one for awhile!

Loving
All of my wonderful Christmas gifts from Andrew and my family! They're the best :) As I sit here writing this I'm wearing the super cozy robe Andrew got me (I'd been hinting for a new one) and a Snorlax t-shirt from my mom!

Working on
I don't have any personal projects that I'm working on, so I'll share something work related. This month the theatre I work at was doing Into the Woods, which I was assistant stage managing. They chose to do it at the same time as the movie coming out, to see if it brings in some new theatre-goers. Our closing performance was last night!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too! I think it gets better every time I re-watch it, because there's little bits and pieces I sometimes miss :)

      Delete
  2. I'm reading Ready Player One right now! I was also born in the early 90s so most of the references are lost on me, but I'm enjoying it all the same :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! For the most part I really liked it. I've heard they're going to make a movie out of it too, which could be fun!

      Delete
  3. LOVE Betrayal at the House on the Hill! So much fun! Though we often end up killed by whatever the bad-guy scenario is...but still fun haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! The first time we played it I ended up as the killer, and I was SO CLOSE to winning! Maybe next time ;)

      Delete
  4. Did Andrew like the book?

    I want to play Betrayal at the House on the Hill!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he did! He probably liked it a bit more than I did. He was more familiar with some of the 80's references than I was. He didn't know all of them, but he'd seen more of the movies and knew more about the retro video games mentioned.

      You should play it with us next time!!!

      Delete