Friday, December 26, 2014

5 Fandom Friday - New Years Blogging Resolutions


Happy Friday! This weeks theme is new years resolutions for my little blog space here. Most years I end up making resolutions (both blogging related and not) that I don't follow through with, which is never a great feeling. This year I'm making smaller resolutions in hopes that I follow through with them, hahah.

1. Write more Buy for Good posts When I first started writing them, I had planned to have a new one every WEEK. Obviously that hasn't happened. Instead I want to try and have one out at least once a month. I love writing the Buy for Good posts and love hearing from you guys when I've helped them find a new way to support a cause!

2. Write more book reviews I've always loved writing about books, and I don't do it as often as I'd like. In fact, my first blog (which I deleted long ago, sorry) was entirely devoted to writing about books. Participating in Armchair BEA this summer also made me appreciate book bloggers and the book blogging community a lot more; it was really inspiring! Anyway, the reason I don't write as many book reviews as I want is because I just don't read as much as I used to. I'm always busy and lately reading has taken a wayside. So next year I want to make time to read more books and write more bookish things!

I won't be making book cupcakes, but aren't they cute? (source)

3. Work on my blog layout
 I think it's time for something a little more original that a Blogger pre-made layout with my own pictures and tweaks added to them. You're not fooling anyone, Natalie!

4. Start a blog link-up I've been wanting to start my own linkup for awhile now, but I can't settle on a theme. There's nothing wrong with free-for-all link ups, but there's millions of those out there and that's just not what I'm going for here. If you have any ideas or suggestions on what kind of link up you'd like to see, I'd love to hear them!

5. Learn more about HTML I think this is an important one for all bloggers. I definitely know more about it than I did a year ago, but there's still so much to learn!

Past 5 Fandom Friday posts:

16 comments:

  1. I'd like to write more reviews as well, but I feel I'm horrible at them! LOL I think you have a solid list here though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure yours aren't that bad ;)

      Delete
  2. I need to work on my blog design too. Also, I want to eat all of those cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to work on EVERYTHING! And first and foremost, I need to decide what the heck I'm even doing! I originally used it to write book reviews, but then I slowed down reading, so I was like, GEEK STUFF! And now that I want to write more geek stuff, I'm like, OHHHH I HAVE AN IDEA FOR A BOOK POST. Your list is really nice and cumulative though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I'm the same! On one hand I want to narrow down what I write about, but on the other hand I just want to have fun and write about whatever I want! I don't know, I'm still trying to figure it out hahah.

      Delete
  4. This was a hard 5 Fandom for me, but it is great to see that we are all working towards the same thing. To be happy with what we are creating! Good luck for 2015! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you too! This was the easiest Fandom Friday for me! Not sure what that says about my blog, hahah!

      Delete
  5. This seems like a reasonable blog goal list, even if you only accomplish some part way, that still counts! I have made some blog goals for next year as well, one of which is to start writing posts again!!! I ran out of motivation awhile back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah you can do ittt! Reading my favorite blogs is always very motivating for me!

      Delete
  6. Great list!! It got me thinking on some stuff too like learning HTML. When I was in high school, I could code the hell out of a website but not anymore. Trying to learn blogger make me want to throw my laptop out the window! I tried my hand on writing film reviews and I don't think they were well received. I got no comments but that just makes me want to figure out what I did wrong! Again, great list and can't wait to see what happens with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! My book reviews don't usually get alot of attention either, but I love doing them so I was like screw it, hahah! I'm still having a lot of trouble with Blogger, but at this late in the game I really don't want to switch to WP or anything, which makes me even more determined to figure out Blogger more!

      Delete
  7. Good luck with your goals! Hopefully sometime next year I'll also get a custom design on my blog :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D I'd love to get a custom design on mine sometime :)

      Delete
  8. Layout and improving HTML skills are definitely on my list! As is creating a schedule month-by-month so I can plan my posts a bit better. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year I've been trying to get better at scheduling posts too! Some months I do great, but not every month :/ I'm working on it! ;)

      Delete