Friday, December 19, 2014

5 Fandom Friday - Favorite Christmas Movies

5 Fandom Friday

Happy Friday! This weeks Fandom Friday topic is Christmas movies! I have to confess that...I haven't seen very many. To rub it in, I took this Buzzfeed quiz on Christmas movies yesterday, and was only able to identify 4 out of 16. Oops. Luckily, the few that I have seen I really like.

1. The Muppet Christmas Carol This is my favorite Christmas movie! I love the Muppets and I love musicals.

Muppet Christmas Carol

2. Home Alone

3. A Charlie Brown Christmas 

4. Batman Returns
Ok, I know I'm stretching it now, but like I said I haven't seen very many. Batman Returns is set around Christmas, so there's that...

Batman Returns

5. The Nativity Story
I saw this in theatres when it was released with my family. I wasn't sure how much I'd like it, I mean, I already knew how the story went. However it was really nice and well-made.

BONUS: BoJack Horseman Christmas Special I literally finished watching this five seconds ago. I had mixed feelings for the first couple episodes, but by the end I really loved the first season of BoJack. This morning Andrew was sifting through Netflix, when from the corner of my eye I saw a screen grab of what was definitely a Christmas themed BoJack Horseman episode, and I said "Stop! Go back!" Sure enough, a brand new Christmas special had been released TODAY. I was so excited! And yes, it was as great as I expected it to be.

BoJack Horseman
"The size of this drink is offensive. especially coming from the beer capital of the world." (This picture isn't actually from the episode. I just really like this one.)

So there you go. I plan to watch a few more Holiday movies before Christmas gets here. I'm thinking Elf, A Christmas Story, and...I don't know, maybe Scrooged. Only one of those movies are on Netflix, though, so I might end up swapping a few. What are your favorite holiday movies? If you have your own 5 Fandom Friday post make sure to link it below! I try to read everyone's but sometimes I miss a few when scrolling through my different feeds!

Past 5 Fandom Friday posts:
Geeky Clothing I Need in My Closet Immediately
My Must See List of Halloween Movies
Candy!
Comfort Foods That Always Make Me Feel Better
Apps I Cannot Live Without
- A Christmas List to Defy All Odds

Pssst...there's two days left to enter the Femmecraft giveaway I'm hosting here on the blog! Express and support your geeky passions with jewelry that gives back - each pendant donates 10% to a correlating charity!

15 comments:

  1. There's a BoJack Christmas special?! Omgg I have to see this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Get on it, girl! It was fun seeing more BoJack :D

      Delete
  2. The Muppets! It's kinda sad how many Christmas specials aren't shown anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I don't have cable anymore which makes it even worse, so even when there IS a Christmas special on, I probably can't watch it right away!

      Delete
  3. Anything Muppets and I am a happy camper! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I recently saw the new Muppets movie, it was awesome!

      Delete
  4. Ahhh I've heard so much about BoJack! I might look that up. I need a new cartoon to pass the time now that the first season of Mike Tyson Mysteries is done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like it! It takes a few episodes, though. I started it just as background noise because I wasn't SUPER into the first episode, but once the characters flesh out a bit more it gets really good. I can't wait for the second season!

      Delete
  5. Love your list. For some reason, the Muppets Christmas Carol makes me cry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! I don't usually cry during movies, but I definitely get a little emotional!

      Delete
  6. I'm a huge Muppet's Christmas Carol fan. It's a must-watch of Christmas Eve ("...there's only one more sleep 'til Christmas Day.."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, now I feel like listening to the music! I wonder if I can find the soundtrack somewhere.

      Delete
  7. I always cry in Muppets Christmas Carol too! When Michael Caine and his fiancée are breaking up. That song is so pretty.

    I also like Christmas Carol in Concert.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is Christmas Carol in Concert?? I don't know if I've seen that one.

      Delete
  8. If you haven't seen it, watch Love Actually :) It's a bit sappy maybe, but one of my all time favorite movies. And I totally approve of putting Batman Returns on the list ;-)

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete