Wednesday, December 24, 2014

12 Days of Christmas - Holiday Decorations


Today's Christmasy topic is about our holiday decorations! Since I live in a small apartment I don't really decorate a lot for holidays. Unfortunately it's just more stuff to have out when it's already a little cramped with the things we have out all year round! However I did add a few Christmas touches :)

The first thing I pulled out was Christmas Hello Kitty! I have her propped on up the bookshelf.

Andrew and I don't get many Christmas cards (people my age aren't really card senders, and sending Christmas cards altogether seems to be dying out a little *sadface*), but the ones we do get I tape up on the wall. I don't know if everyone does this, but my mom does every year, so I thought I'd start doing it too :)


These are some of the Christmas ornaments my mom and I made. I don't have a  Christmas tree, so I decided to prop some of them up by the window. I couldn't decide if I wanted them facing outside or in, so I alternated them, hahah!

I also keep some Wintery scented candles out, which I love, but you all know what a candle looks like so I didn't take pictures of those. But yeah. That's pretty much it! Super basic. Someday when I have a house (or even just a bigger apartment) I'd like to have a little more fun with Christmas decorating, but for now this works :)

Previous 12 Days of Christmas posts:
- DIY Ornaments
- Christmas Memories
- Holiday Recipes

4 comments:

  1. I keep up Christmas cards taped on the wall year-round, along with postcards, ACEOs, and other cards I get. I have a little designated area in the kitchen, just to the right of my desk, so that sometimes when I need to take a little break from working I can appreciate my friends who care enough to send me things and their overall good taste in art. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a great idea! Maybe I'll try that, too :)

      Delete
  2. I used to use tape, but either my tape sucked or I have weird walls because they all kept falling down! Now I just use a strip of Christmas ribbon tacked to the wall and use mini clothespins to display the cards! Thank you, Pinterest haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use washi tape and it works ok! Although a ribbon sounds a lot more festive hahah!

      Delete