Wednesday, December 17, 2014

12 Days of Christmas - DIY Christmas Ornaments!


Hey friends! Todays theme is DIY projects, but unfortunately I didn't have time to put together an actual DIY to share with you guys. You know how life gets during the holidays! So instead I thought I'd still pop in and just share a couple ornaments I made earlier this month.


Neither one was very hard to make, The star ornament was made from broken branches in my moms backyard, scrap fabric and Scrabble pieces acquired from the thrift store! Subtlety hot glue the sticks together and Scrabble pieces on, then tie fabric or ribbon around the points. Easy peasy!

The gingerbread man was made with foam gingerbread shaped cutout from the craft store, but if you have a steady hand you can just cut them out of sheet foam! Mine glitters, which I personally like but I think no glitter would be nice, too. For his hands and feet I cut little pieces of ric rac, and his eyes are made of felt. My mom and I find the half-eaten thing pretty funny, but that's also a personal choice ;)

Previous 12 Days of Christmas Posts:
- Christmas Memories
Holiday Recipes (cake balls!)

Pssst...there's still time to enter the Femmecraft giveaway I'm hosting here on the blog! Express and support your geeky passions with jewelry that gives back - each pendant donates 10% to a correlating charity!

4 comments: