Thursday, November 20, 2014

#Nerdvember Day 1-16 Recap


This month I decided to participate in #Nerdvember, an Instagram challenge hosted by the lovely ladies at Set To Stunning! Participants are challenged to post a photo of themselves in a themed outfit every single day (or as many days as possible) in November. Outfits can range from something obviously geeky like your favorite Marvel t-shirt, or more vague, like an outfit inspired by a character through the use of a specific color palette. There's also prizes! However many days you participate determine which prize tier you're in, then a winner is drawn from each tier. Anyway, I thought it might be fun to do a little round-up of some of my outfits I've thrown together for #Nerdvember. Unfortunately on some days I just threw on a nerdy t-shirt and left it at that, and some days I wasn't even able to do anything, but getting into the spirit of things has still been fun and I love checking out everyone else's outfits in the #Nerdvember Instagram tag every day!


Day 1 - Hello Kitty I love Hello Kitty, and it's almost (almost) embarrassing how much Hello Kitty stuff I have around. You can't really tell, but my shirt was pink, too! I also wore a hoodie with little cat heads printed on it, but I didn't take a picture of it since it wasn't actually Hello Kitty and didn't match the color scheme. My necklace is the Pink Ribbon Kitty Necklace from The Red Bow, and with each necklace sold they donate $5 to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation! Win-win.

Day 2 - LEGO I'm equally obsessed with anything LEGO! My shirt and bag are from two separate trips to LEGOland! This is one of my favorite bags. It also gets a lot of attention from 10 year old boys, hahah.


Day 3 - Star Wars I don't wear it as often as I should, but this is one of my favorite Star Wars shirts because I think it's funny :) It was a lucky find from the thrift store.

Day 4 - Sealab 2021 Fignuts! I miss this show. The shirt is an awesome hand-me-down from Andrew, but it's definitely something I'd have bought if I'd seen it in stores. I think he said he bought it at Hot Topic a million years ago. I paired it with some sea themed jewelry, in the form of my favorite jellyfish earrings!


Day 5 - Pop Art I really think this bag is one of the coolest things ever. The first time I saw one online (I think it was on The Dainty Squid) and realized it was an actual bag I knew I needed one in my life. It doesn't really hold as much as I'd like, but it holds enough and the overall awesomness makes it all worthwhile. I've been itching to get a blue one too, but it's not like I need another bag. Sigh. The earrings are from Forever 21!

Day 6 - Fullmetal Alchemist Fullmetal is my absolute FAVORITE anime! In my teens I was really into the anime/manga scene, but FMA was the only one I was truly obsessed with. Since this was a really busy/stressful day, I just ended up adding two of my favorite pins to the hoodie I was wearing to work. I picked up these Edward and Alphonse chibi pins at the best yard sale I've ever been to.


Day 7 - Pandas Pandas are adorable and are one of my favorite animals! This hoodie came from Mervyn's (RIP) and is super cozy! The hip hop themed panda is really amusing to me, hahah.

Day 9 - Bee and PuppyCat I recently learned all about Bee and PuppyCat and it makes me really happy. Bee is so cute, and PuppyCat is so grumpy and adorable. Bee wears a yellow sweater with a bumble bee on it and pink shorts, so when I got home from work I lounged around in my spelling bee shirt with pink gym shorts <3


Day 11 - Jack Skellington It's officially really freakin' cold over here, so as soon as I got home from work I put on my warmest hoodie! I should probably get someone to turn the pilot light on so I can use the heater, but I wanted to try waiting until December...

Day 12 - Lord of the Rings I love my new Lord of the Rings tank from Jordandene! I love the style and it's super soft :) In case you haven't seen it yet, I'm currently running a giveaway for another one of these tanks! You can check out my full review and enter the giveaway in my earlier post, right here!


Day 13 - Hello Kitty Round 2 More Hello Kitty! This was my first full day off in fooorever, so the only thing I felt like wearing that day were my jammies. At least I tied it all together with my Hello Kitty slipper socks ;)

Day 14 - Alone in the Dark I wore my Alone in the Dark shirt to the theatre that night, where I work usually in the dark, and sometimes alone (P.S. I am not advocating this as a good movie/game/anything else, hahah).


Day 15 - Star Wars Round 2 Another really subtle #Nerdvember day. I got this Ewok pin at the Star Wars: Science Meets Imagination exhibit earlier this year! I think Ewoks are adorable.

Day 16 - Final Fantasy Random story - a friend got me this Griever pendant when we were at Anime Expo years ago, thinking it was from Final Fantasy Advent Children (it's not). I still like it, though! I paired it with a little chibi Cloud pin!

So those are my #Nerdvember themes so far! Sorry some of them are pretty underwhelming. November (I almost typed Nerdvember, hahah) turned into a really hectic month for me. In the beginning of the month I was getting ready for our first craft sale, then my working hours (for all three of my jobs) multiplied by way too many, and now I'm getting ready another craft sale! Aaaaaahhhh. So yeah, hahah! I'll be recapping the rest of the months #Nerdvember photos in a future post, but if you want to follow along day-to-day then be sure to follow me on Instagram!

12 comments:

  1. You have some awesome nerdy jewelry and clothes! I love the Final Fantasy, Lego and Lord of The Rigns days :D

    www.northeastnerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My favorite so far is the LEGO day :)

      Delete
  2. All hail the nerds! I was once obsessed with Pokemon and Hello Kitty. Now I just read books a lot. I wear glasses too and still have braces. LOL

    http://thewallfowersecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love Pokemon, too! Unfortunately I'm pretty behind on all the newer ones though, hahah! Original 150 all the way! Also wearing glasses is awesome! ;)

      Delete
  3. I love your outfits!! You have some really awesome bags! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Bags are my favorite accessory hahah :)

      Delete
  4. You did such a good job! I think I managed one day. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks! :D Hey no worries, as the month goes on I've been missing even more days T_T

      Delete
  5. Excellent! I love your Lego earrings - those are fabulous! I definitely need more geek jewelry in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got mine at a little shop in South Carolina, but I see similar earrings on Etsy all the time!

      Delete
  6. Great looks so far, I love Day 16 the best of course! Very cool necklace ;)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally thought of you when I was writing this and the day 16 picture came up! ;)

      Delete