Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Blueberry & Pineapple's First Craft Sale!

As the title says, mine and my moms shop, Blueberry and Pineapple, appeared at its first event! Huzzah! It was an interesting experience with both ups and downs, but we had a lot of fun and learned a few new things.

Thanks to our friend Carla for snapping this picture!

So a little backstory; if you're been around here for awhile, you might remember that I opened an Etsy shop back in April. It was filled with these fun little felt letter pins that my mom and I were making. We still love these pins, but a few months ago we decided to go in a different direction and make yo yo headbands!

The blue one's my favorite!

Do they look familiar? I'm wearing one in my blog profile photo! They come in both stretchy headbands and regular metal ones :) Also using fabric yo yo's, we made hair clips and barrettes! So ANYWAY, that's what we'd been working on for the past couple months. During that time, we also decided to rent a booth space at a local Holiday Faire! We had never done that before so we were a little nervous, but I also thought it might be the motivation we needed.

Snapped while making some barrettes!

So last Saturday, we showed up at the event location around 9:45am to set up our table. It didn't take long for me to feel intimidated by flashy and elaborate table setups the other sellers had. (Oh, don't mind me, with my little Christmas tree and blue tablecloth. Presentation is something I'll be working on a bit more next time.) The event wasn't open to the public until 11:00am, so my mom and I had plenty of time to fret and change our minds on how we wanted everything laid out.

Blurry side-ish view of our table, but our Christmas tree is cut off :(

Please excuse our booth neighbor pictured above. They sold these glass pendent things which were cool, but they weren't the best neighbors. Throughout the whole event they had large groups of people visiting them, and they'd stand in front of our booth or behind their booth while creeping onto our side. It was like they were having a huge family reunion. Sort of awkward. I was pleased when we got some friends of our own visiting, but they didn't come in huge herds, hahah.

So how did we fare? It wasn't the worst, but it could have gone better. The next event we're going to is in a very different atmosphere, so I'm curious to see if that has any positive/negative impact. I guess we just need to try things until we figure out what works best!

If you want to take a closer look at our items and follow along on our crafty adventure, visit Blueberry and Pineapple on Facebook! Eventually I'll be posting these on Etsy, too! Yay :)

6 comments:

  1. All the best with your craft stalls, whoo these looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely in love with your headbands. I'm going to be doing a giveaway at the beginning of February, and I would love for you guys to participate (If you are interested). I'm going to be contacting a few of my favorite Etsy sellers to see if they want to participate in a giveaway for my blogiversary. I would just need an item or two to be donated, and then a few business cards to share for the person who wins the giveaway. If you are interested, let me know! I would absolutely love to feature you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I couldn't find your email address, so I sent you a message using the thingy on your "contact" page on your blog. I'd love to work together!

      Delete