Friday, November 14, 2014

5 Fandom Friday: Apps I Cannot Live Without


It's Friday again! Yeaaa. The topic for this weeks Fandom Friday is actually "smart phone apps I cannot live without," but confession - I don't have a smartphone. I KNOW. I do, however, have a tablet which can use most of the apps I want/need, so I'll be writing this from that standpoint!

1. Instagram


It took a long time for me to hop on the Instagram bandwagon, but now that I have I'm in love. I kind of see it as a way of microblogging. I don't always have time to check out my Facebook and Bloglovin' feed (as much as I love to), so sometimes it's nice to just scroll through Instagram and see what my friends are up to. I also love to use it for my own photos, as a fun little way to share things that don't really call for their own blog post. Another fun thing about Instagram are photo challenges! Back in March I used Instagram to start the 100 Happy Days challenge and had a great time. It was fun sharing things that made me happy every day, and after awhile most of the people I knew were following along or asking me what my "happy thing" for the day was. Right now I'm participating in #Nerdvember, which is an Instagram challenge to wear a nerdy themed outfit as many days possible in November!

2. Gmail



Not a very exciting answer, but I use my Gmail app ALL. THE. TIME. It's so convenient and easy to use when I'm out and need to send a quick e-mail.

3. Noom Weight Loss Coach


Even though I'm not actually on a diet, I still try to keep track of what I eat. I love sugar, carbs, cheese and often want to eat ALL THE THINGS so I at least try to be very self-aware about it. I first tried My Fitness Pal, since that seems to be the popular one to use, but for some reason I just couldn't get the hang of it. I tried Noom on a whim and really loved it! The layout is simple and it makes tracking your food intake really quick and easy. The only downside is that the built in pedometer is always wonky. At first I thought it had something to do with using it on a tablet, but I've heard that it's the same on phones, too. So if you want to track your steps I recommend using your own pedometer!

4. Komik


There's not much to say about this one because it's just a comic book/manga reader, and on its own it doesn't really do much. I do most of my comic book reading on my tablet, so a good reader platform is a must! Right now it's filled with old Aquaman comics, for when I was getting in the zone to be Aquaman on Halloween :)

5. Netflix


Another basic choice, but it's true! I love watching Netflix on my tablet. Sometimes I like watching a show in bed before going to sleep (I find having my laptop in bed really cumbersome).

So that's it for this week! What are your favorite apps?

5 Fandom Friday is a weekly, themed linkup hosted by The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick!

15 comments:

  1. Netflix is on my list. I set my tablet up in the kitchen so I can watch reruns of The Office (US and UK) while I clean. I didn't think I would like Instagram, but I really enjoy seeing what my fellow geek gals are up to! Gmail is my go to app, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I've been watching The Office reruns lately, too! I've been doing a lot of crafting, so I just put it on my tablet while I do that :) I mostly watch US, though. I need to give UK another shot!

      Delete
  2. All good picks! Netflix is a must on my tablet as well. I haven't bothered getting it on my phone though - I'm still not the biggest fan of watching on my little phone screen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! Well like I said I don't have a smart phone, but I've tried it on my boyfriends phone and it was very meh. Not worth it!

      Delete
  3. Awesome choices! If I had a tablet I'd probably have Netflix on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insta is my favorite thing in the world! I am always trying to push myself and think outside of the box, it is fun but hard! I used it as a micro blog when I travel and I love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought it would happen, but I'm pretty obsessed with Instagram now hahah! Sometimes I don't post on it much, but even then I still like to see what everyone else is doing!

      Delete
  5. Netflix love! I was going to add it onto my list but went with a game instead. I will have to check out Komik. I use perfect viewer but it likes to crash on me from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Perfect Viewer! A friend recommended Komik, so I tried it and it was great hahah. It has crashed a couple times before, but it's rare so doesn't bother me much.

      Delete
  6. Netflix. YAAAS. I love having that app on my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love netflix!!! I have it on my iPad and I love watching my fave shows on it!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Instagram and Netflix apps also. Sometimes I play Hello Kitty cafe for fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of that, but I LOVE Hello Kitty so it's definitely something I need to check out! Thanks!

      Delete