Thursday, October 2, 2014

What Makes You Smile?

Did you know that the first Friday in October is World Smile Day? It's true! So today, I bring you a list of twenty things that make me smile, and I'd like to invite you to do the same. I think it's always great to think of things that make you happy. At the bottom of this post you'll find the linky tool thing, so if you'd like to post a list of your own, link it up! I'd love to check out everyone's posts and see what makes you all smile :)


1. Playing tabletop games with my friends and family.

2. Freshly brewed coffee in the morning - bonus if there's hazelnut creamer!

3. Making people laugh.

4. Beating that one level I've been stuck on forevercurrently this refers to Monaco.

5. A perfect book ending.

6. That satisfying feeling when there's not a single thing I need to be doing (well, this one's rare...).

7. Movie nights, with good company and yummy snacks!

8. Going to the aquarium and seeing the jellyfish.

9. Helping others (cliche, but true).

10. Lego everything!

What makes you smile?

(P.S. - October 3rd is also Mean Girls Day! It's not Wednesday but I'll probably wear pink anyway.)


20 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart.
    I have been inspired to share my journey with Huntingtons Disease.
    I would be honored if you would follow.
    Www.livingwithpassion90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to your list! Those things make me happy too! :) btw I'm Alissa. Just connected to your bloglovin!

    http://thewallflowersecrets.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list and movie nights definitely make me smile! Started following you on bloglovin and can't wait to read more of your posts!

    - Kelly Ann
    believeinadream.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Movie nights are the best!

      Delete
  4. I love the feeling of not really having anything to do... it's blissful. :) I love going to museums... so I think that's what would make me smile. This is such a great post, and such a good idea! I love it.

    xo,
    Zoe | La Vie en Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good book, hot cocoa, and a warm fire when it's cold outside! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cozy! That would make me smile, too :)

      Delete
  6. Yes to Mean Girls and World Smile Day! The best days :) Perfect book endings make me smile too. I hate when book endings are disappointing. And movie nights and making people laugh. Sigh. I love World Smile Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disappointing book endings are such a let down!

      Delete
  7. #6 is so great possibly *because* it's so rare!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know the feeling of the #6 haha. What makes me smile?

    It sound very teenager (I'm 19) but listen to the songs of One Direction makes me very happy and smiling. Also my family, my bed and food haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know much One Direction, but I listen to my fair share of "bad/annoying" (to other people anyway) music and it definitely makes me smile!

      Delete
  9. oh em gee, yes to the hazelnut creamer in the morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome list! Great books, a cup of hot chocolate, snuggles with my pups, and cool fall weather all make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually just posted on my blog a list of things I am grateful for right now, and I am planning on trying to repeat a similar theme sort of post every Friday if I can. Would love for you to check it out http://www.myfairdaily.com/2014/10/friday-fares-week-1.html

    One thing that makes me smile though is babies, I can't help it they just make me melt inside!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love making lists like this! Just writing out the list makes me smile. Thanks for sharing this with Hump Day Happenings.

    ReplyDelete