Sunday, October 12, 2014

Buy for Good: It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

Awhile back I was introduced to an online shop called The Red Bow. It's basically a mecca of Hello Kitty, for those of us that don't always want to visit the little girls department in search of Hello Kitty accessories (no shame if you do, I do, but my pink plastic Hello Kitty head earrings don't exactly match with my work clothes). So last week I was window shopping, like ya do, and spotted this Pink Ribbon Hello Kitty Necklace, where with every necklace sold, they donate $5 to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation (I'm not in Canada, but the shop is). I thought the necklace was adorable, and we all know I'm a sucker when it comes to buying things for a good cause. A week later, I found the prettiest package in my mailbox!

The Red Bow
To clarify, this was also wrapped in a red bubble wrap envelope, hahah.

The little note was a nice touch, too. Andrew and I were getting ready to leave just as this showed up, and I had to tell him "Wait! I need to take a picture of the wrapping first so I can open this in the car!" He's used to it. Now I've been wearing the necklace ever since! She's wearing a pink ribbon instead of her signature red bow!

Hello Kitty The Red Bow
I've been having a lot of cat-on-cat outfits lately.

Anyway, while so far it has indicated otherwise, I'm not writing this post just to show off my necklace. I also wanted to take a minute to showcase other organizations that also donate to breast cancer research and charities. Hopefully there's a little something for everyone here!

Pura Vida Bracelets + Boarding for Breast Cancer

Pura Vida Bracelets

One of my favorite companies is Pura Vida Bracelets. They offer hundreds of bracelets, and many of them donate to different causes. Pura Vida has a number of different bracelets that all donate to Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC), a non-profit foundation dedicated to providing education, prevention and support programs for young people and the action sports community at large. Their collection of bracelets starts at $5.00, and you can check them all out here. Added bonus - use the code ALLAS10 at checkout for 10% off your order!

Panera Bread Pink Ribbon Bagels

Panera Pink Ribbon Bagels

Eat for a cause! We all need another excuse to go to Panera, right? Every October Panera offers these ribbon shaped bagels, where a portion of the proceeds goes to Breast Cancer charities NATIONWIDE! Not only that, but they sounds delicious too - loaded cherry chips, dried cherries and cranberries, vanilla, honey and brown sugar. Yum!

ONEHOPE Wine Pink 365 Gift Box

ONEHOPE Pink 365

Fancy! Each box contains a bottle of ONEHOPE chardonnay, a Voluspa Bella Sucre Coconut Wax Candle and a $10 ONEHOPE gift card.  The best part is that HALF of the profits from each box sold is donated to The Gateway for Cancer Research, who's committed to funding innovative cancer research studies that can help today's cancer patients feel better, live longer or be cured. The amount donated from every THREE boxes sold funds a clinical trial for a woman with breast cancer through Gateway for Cancer Research :)

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I love learning about companies helping out good causes! Thirty One does a lot to help different causes and it's part of the reason I like working for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that changed her red bow into a pink ribbon. That's so awesome and adorable and definitely unique. Like you, I love the little touch of the handwritten note with your order. I love Hello Kitty, so I definitely want to look into this, especially since it's for a great cause. I've heard lots of good things about Pura Vida, so I want to check them out too. And I definitely LOVE the wine box! Wine is my favorite haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check 'em out! They're both awesome stores <3 I'm thinking of getting the wine box for a friend, I'm not much of a wine drinker myself!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up with these links!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Hello Kitty necklace is adorable--I love that's she's bringing awareness to breast cancer (I always knew Hello Kitty was awesome!). And those ribbon bagels look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hahah Hello Kitty s the best!

      Delete
  5. It's a good month, thanks for helping spread awareness. Cancer is not something that we should ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great cause spreading awareness is very important and I agree with craftyspices

    Have a good week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a breast cancer survivor, I am grateful for organizations that donate some of the profits to breast cancer research.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great ways to support! Thanks for sharing!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are really some great companies supporting the organization. I'm donating to a friend for her to walk. Thanks for sharing with Creative Style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Your friend is lucky to have someone like you :)

      Delete
  10. These are some great companies to support the fight against breast cancer. I love you buy for good posts, they are such a great way to bring awareness to companies that I want to support. Thanks for sharing this with Hump Day Happenings.

    ReplyDelete