Friday, October 31, 2014

5 Fandom Friday: Candy, Candy, Candy!


Today's Fandom Friday post feels a bit reminiscent. The last time I went trick-or-treating was in 2010 and I was already well aware that I was too old to be doing so. I went with my little brother, because we thought it'd be funny to wear costumes that went together, so my mom agreed that that made it ok for me to go. He wanted to be Ash, from Pokemon, and wanted me to be Snorlax. Snorlax has always been my favorite Pokemon! We were pretty cute.

I dare you to try telling me we're not cute.




















So yeah. Today's Fandom Friday topic is all about candy, and those special little treats you not-so-secretly got excited for when you saw a kind stranger tossing it into your trick-or-treating bag. I love candy - a little too much, so this topic was easy peasy for me. Some of these candies might be a little more new, and weren't actually around last time I went trick-or-treating, but I'm adding them anyway because I can't remember and because they're still my favorites. Let's go!

1. Hershey's Cookies n Creme 


This is my all time favorite candy. I could eat them all day, get sick, take a nap, and then eat more of them. So good.

2. Trolli Sour Brite Crawlers 



I don't know why they can't spell it "bright," but they're delicious so it doesn't really matter. I like the octopus shaped ones too, when I can find them!

3. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups



I love peanut butter, and these melt in your mouth so perfectly *swoon.* The only downside is that they also melt outside of your mouth a little too perfectly. Not ideal when reading or clacking away on your computer. Perfect for binge watching shows on Netflix.

4. Pretzel M&M's

Regular M&M's are alright, but these take it to the next level. The salty-sweet proportions are just right, and I like the added crunch. Since they're fatter than regular M&M's, the bags of these you see at the cash register seem deceivingly small once you eat them. Wah :(

5. White Chocolate Kit Kat


Yum! I know cookies and cream Kit Kats exist, but I've yet to find one. I feel like those would be my favorite, though. Until then, these work just fine! Compared to other chocolate bars, eating these feels light and airy to me. It makes it easier to lie to yourself and say it's ok to eat a few more.

So there you have it. I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween! What are YOUR favorite candies?

16 comments:

  1. Oh, Hershey's Cookies and Creme! I'll trade you one of those for a York Peppermint Pattie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got into the pretzel M&M's but I'll take peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your brother are so adorable!! Best sibling costumes. :D And yessss pretzel M&Ms....so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I completely forgot about Hershey Cookies and Cream. These posts are bringing back all the candies of my childhood, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookies and Cream! I forgot about those. So tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the sour gummy worms. Most definitely on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are we related?! Ha! I thought I was the only person in the world who likes pretzel M&M's, I thought it was awfully nice of Mars to keep making them just for me, haha. I've never had a white chocolate kitkat though. I think I did eat my weight in cookies n cream bars last night. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soul sisters! <3 White Kit Kats are awesome, but I can usually only find them in those big bags of mini's where it has an assortment of Kit Kats hahah.

      Delete
  8. Wow I really think that Reese's are on everyone's list! I totally forgot about Hershey's cookies n creme... OMG so good!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete