Friday, September 12, 2014

My Fall Bucket List (a list that doesn't feature Pumpkin Spice Lattes)

I made no effort in hiding that I hate the Summer. Hot, sticky, kids out of school, people bugging you to swim...nope. There are some Summer things I tend to hold on to (I still don't like wearing pants and I'm almost always in sandals), but as for the actual season, I'm over it. While it's still on the warm side over here, Fall is on its way and I'm so, so happy about it. Oh, and the title? I don't like Pumpkin Spice Lattes, sorry. I don't like pumpkin anything, really. Anyway, here's a little list of things I like about Fall, plus some things I'll be up to this season!

Accurate.

1. No more 90+ temperatures.

2. Wearing my favorite hat, knit with love by my mommy!

3. Hot drinks are always better in the Fall (whether it's coffee, hot chocolate, or a hot toddy...yum).

4. Colorful indian corn and funny shaped squash that you aren't actually going to do anything with.

Indian corn
Source


5. Different soups, everywhere!

6. Amazing Race is starts on September 26th!!!

7. ...and Gilmore Girls is coming to Netflix in October!!! (I'll stop talking about TV now)

8. Debuting my Aquaman costume.

9. Corn mazes!

Source

10. Buying all the Halloween candy on clearance.

11. I look better in Fall colors ;)

12  The theatre I work at is doing Rocky Horrow Picture Show in October! I've never seen a live performance of it before, but what better way to experience it than actually being involved in putting it together?

Rocky Horror Show
Source
13. The smell of things baking.

14. Thanksgiving!

15. Walking in the crisp, Fall air. Walks in the Summer? Not happening.

What are you looking forward to in the Fall?

21 comments:

  1. There's a corn maze somewhere near me too! And haha I think I look better in fall colors too :D I'm most excited to wear scarves and tights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year I'm finally getting into tights, hahah! Should be fun.

      Delete
  2. I'm really excited about these boots I just ordered!! And pretty much agree with most of the things you listed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I'm also looking forward to boot weather!

      Delete
  3. #1 is a huge one. I hate summer. I'm definitely over these super hot temperatures. Definitely looking forward to hot drinks, whether they're pumpkin or not. GILMORE GIRLS! Omg! I was so excited when I heard the news. Definitely having a marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just fell in love with soup this summer (don't know why) and I'm excited for cooler weather to enjoy my new found joy.

    cardigans! i know some list that as a "basic bitch" thing but i'm okay with that :)

    summer sucks donkey balls. my home has no insulation so upstairs is off limits till the sun goes down. miserable!

    love your fall list, speaks to my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CARDIGANS <3 No worries I can be pretty basic at times, and good luck trying to pull my Ugg boots from my basic hands.

      Delete
  5. The colorful Indian corn looks just fabulous!
    I look forward to light candles and read inside on a rainy day :)
    Happy Saturday Sharefest,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love wearing jumpers, knitwear and drinking hot chocolates :) not to mention the run up to Halloween (then it's practically Christmas) and there is so much good TV coming up too! This time of year is the best (I dislike summer very much too)

    hellocynicalbadger.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am embarrassed to say so but there is a LOT of good TV I'm looking forward to, hahah!

      Delete
  7. You have great shots there. I truly believe fall is my favorite season. I think God has a blast painting the leaves!
    Please visit http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2014/09/bzzz-linky.html and share your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty pumped about checking out some local corn mazes too I gotta say! :D And I absolutely love all the seasonal flavours this time of year. Squash, pumpkins, root veggies like potatoes, garlic, turnips, parsnips, carrots and beets... So much hearty goodness to look forward to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! I agree with so many of these! Fall is the best season. I wish it lasted longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wouldn't mind if Fall was all year round, hahah.

      Delete
  10. Totally forgot about corn mazes....a-maze-ing. Lol. Love them! And pumpkin farms.

    I too am over summer. So much so that I did a post all about celebrating the end of it too. Fall is my favorite. My blog post must have worked like a rain dance or something because the next day the temperatures finally dropped and it's really crisp and cool!!

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky! It's still in the 90's over here!

      Delete
  11. I love this!! First of all, the ecard is ON POINT! and Rocky Horror is a YES! thanks for sharing, and I love that you keep it simple! It was the picture of the beautiful yet pointless, do nothing corn that got me! :) Thanks again, I enjoyed the read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing Race and Gilmore Girls are two of my fave (among many) TV shows out there. Which team are you rooting for this season?

    And I love Indian corn and all of the different gourds and squashes this time of year, too! They're so much fun to find and decorate with!

    ReplyDelete