Sunday, September 7, 2014

What I did (and didn't) do this Summer

Back in June, I wrote a list of twenty things I planned to do this Summer. As usual, I don't always get around to doing all the things I plan to. Here's a quick recap of what was on my list.


...and here's what actually happened:

1. I only went to one fair this Summer. When I wrote this list I clearly forgot how much it sucks to walk on asphalt in the heat. The one I went to was worth it though, because I got deep friend Oreos.

The best,

2. I did a pretty good job of avoiding pants.

3. I didn't make popsicles. I don't know why, I even have popsicle molds! I am the worst.

4. I didn't make rainbow shorts, either. However I did look for tie-dye kits, and they were a little more expensive than I hoped :(

5. So obviously I didn't wear them anywhere.

6. I made s'mores over a fire a grand total of one time.

7. This one happened! It was a small party, but we had a good time.

We sat at BJ's until midnight so she could order her first drink.

8. I didn't go on any "hey let's pack a lunch and go to that one place for a picnic!" picnics, but I did make a point to eat outside more, if that counts? Sure it does.

9. I'm actually too embarrassed to talk about this one.

10. I still haven't seen a drive in movie :(

11. I bought kettle corn at the farmers market! I didn't buy fruit though :( It was really expensive compared to grocery store fruit, which bums me out because I'd love to support independent growers more, but I can't really afford to.

12. At least I can't fail to get a year older on my actual date of birth. Yay! I had a really nice, laid back birthday. I wrote about the day here.

Birthday sourdough turtle from Boudin!

13. I did work a lot of shows at the theatre, which was a big part of why I didn't do so many things on this list. Since June, I started and completed a run of Peter Pan, Romeo & Juliet, The Who's Tommy, and right now I'm currently stage managing the musical Bonnie and Clyde. I also worked at a jazz festival that was being held at the theatre.


14. I didn't spend ANY money during the Steam Summer Adventure Sale! I was tempted a few times, but I stood my ground. The one thing I REALLY had on my mind was the Saints Row IV Season Pass, but Andrew surprised me and got it for me!

15. I didn't make a rum melon. I did buy a watermelon, though...and ate it, sans rum.

16. I had a couple Mocha Cookie Crumbles, but not too many. All dat sugar.

17. I did wear more sundresses! I only acquired one new one, but I mixed and matched my old dresses to make some new looks.

18. I swam at night! The water was so perfect.

19. I made quite a few headbands, and then I posted a tutorial so you could too!

Andrew thinks I look funny, but what does he know.

20. I've done an AWESOME job of cursing Summer as I counted down until Fall...which still isn't here yet. Sigh.

SIXTEEN MORE DAYS!

3 comments:

  1. Cute Birthday Turtle!!! I really didnt have a to do or not to do list this summer.
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a lot! I am waiting for fall/autumn too. I miss wearing layers and excited to see the oranges and red leaves on the ground! I love jumping on them to hear the crunch! #ww

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. What a great post! Looks like an okeedoke summer! :)

    http://www.homeofohm.com/2014/09/wordlesswednesday-i-finally-ran-5k.html

    ReplyDelete