Wednesday, September 24, 2014

September Sampling

I get a lot of samples in the mail. A lot. Some of them I sign up for, some of them just show up randomly in my mail box (probably from things I forgot I signed up for). They're usually things like hair/face/body products, which aren't something I'm great at reviewing, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway, since companies have been nice enough to send me their stuff <3 So here's a little roundup of things I've tried out this month (some are from last last month, but you get it).

Sinful Colors Professional nail polish in Verbena - I got this in a PINCHme box! I don't usually venture over to PINCHme - they release all their samples at the same time, so the site gets backed up and they run out of product quickly. To me it's usually not worth the trouble. However, I'd heard from a blogger friend that they were about to offer bottles of nail polish (my only beauty obsession), so I figured I'd give it a shot. Thanks to my ballin' internet plan, I was able to trudge through and reserved my bottle of Sinful Colors. I didn't know which color I picked, because I was trying to get mine before they ran out, but luckily I quite like it. It's a cool toned purple, which I photographed with a coat of glitter on top. Purple is one of my favorite colors! The formula is great, too. It's smooth and goes on evenly, and you usually only need 1 coat, yet it isn't all thick and goopy. I'm a fan.


Degree Women's MOTIONSENSE Deodorant - I received this from the #DOMORE campaign happening on Influenster. Influenster is a cool little site where you can earn full sized products to try out based on your level of social media influence. It's invite-only, so if you're looking for an invite let me know and I can send one over! While deodorant's not the most exciting thing to get in the mail I was happy to get this to try out, because a girl always needs some deodorant. It came at a good time, too, my current stick was almost out. I've tried regular 'ol Degree in the past (years ago) and thought it was alright, but nothing to write home about. I don't know what they did with their new Motionsense line, but it's pretty awesome. The claim is that "the more you move the more it protects." Well, I used it all weekend while running around like a chicken with its head cut off, and was surprised by how well it help up. A+ :)


Skintimate Mandarin Burst Shave Gel - Would you believe me if I said this was the first time I've used shaving cream? Slightly embarrassing but true. When I first started shaving, one Summer ages ago, I remember my mom telling me that a fancy cream to shave your legs was a waste of money (Maybe it is? I'm not sure.) So I would use soap, and then I upgraded and started using hair conditioner after I read the tip in Glamour or something. So yeah, I hadn't used anything like this before until I received this giant can of it in the mail. I won it in a drawing on Crowdtap, but by the time it showed up the review date had already passed, I was given a flag on my account and I felt like a huge asshole. I don't think I'll mess around with Crowdtap anymore...their layout is confusing to me (#DoYouEvenInternet?). So ANYWAY, I tried out the fancy shave gel and it was alright. Honestly, I don't think it's all that great. It's nice and all, but I wouldn't go out and buy my own. It smells good, though! They didn't lie - it smells like mandarins, hahah.


Dial Acne Control
- This is a new line from Dial that's specially made for, obviously, acne-prone skin. This new line includes a body wash and face wash, which comes in both liquid and bar form. I received the body wash and liquid face wash, courtesy of BzzAgent. I actually didn't even know it was coming, but as someone with annoying unresolved skin problems, I'm almost always open to try something new. Prior to this I didn't feel one way or the other about Dial; it was just another brand of soap. The bottles say they're "clinically proven to clear skin in 3 days." That's a pretty big claim, but I'll bite. I ended up liking these more than I thought. Most soaps targeted towards acne are too drying on my skin, so I was prepared to lotion up. These hardly dried me out at all (though I still used a moisturizer because that's what ya do). The scent is very clean, but isn't trying to pass off as some weird flowery scent or "ocean breeze~" which is nice. While I'm already well stocked on face wash at the moment (I'm currently using Paula's Choice and LOVE IT), I can see myself buying this in the future.


Ta-dah! So there's my month in product testing. For the most part I liked them all and would possibly purchase for myself in the future :)

10 comments:

  1. I love that nailpolish! It's so vibrant! :) I love getting boxes of samples... I was a birchbox subscriber for a while (but no longer since I"m stuyding abroad... #nointernationalshipping) and I really liked it!


    xo,
    Zoe | La Vie en Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to try Birchbox! I was never willing to couch up the money though, hahah.

      Delete
  2. I was about to buy that deodorant last time I needed it! I will have to try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple is one of my fave colors! The nail polish looks great and I love that you put glitter on top!! Looks even nicer :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I LOVE purple! I usually gravitate towards a darker shade (like eggplant), but I'm really into this one!

      Delete
  4. Oooh, I likey that Verbena nail polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it fun to get samples? I've used Sinful Color nail polish before--I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This is my third bottle of Sinful Colors, I'm really getting into it!

      Delete