Friday, August 1, 2014

"You know I have to blog about this now, right?"

I had a pretty exciting time on social media this week. Well, for me it was; to people that just don't "get it" I suppose it'll sound really lame, hahah! Let me explain.

Last Saturday, I wrote this post about some of the books I'd read this month. One of those books was The Songs of Willow Frost, by Jamie Ford. After publishing that blog post, I tweeted the link on Twitter with the appropriate #hashtags, as I usually do with new posts (If you're curious, I still hate Twitter, but I use it anyway as it is the blogger-y thing to do). Totally normal post-blog routine. A few hours later I hopped back on Twitter and saw:


Whaaat! Yeah, that was awesome. So obviously the next thing I had to do was take a screenshot so I could show everyone my EXCITING NEWS. I tweeted the screenshot and added "THANK YOU!" at the end, just in case he happened to see it. He must really like checking out his own hashtag (I don't blame him), because the next day, I saw this!


Oh, my heart. I favorited (I hate using that word *shakes fist at Twitter*) his response, and left it at that. I didn't want to look like an even weirder fangirl than I already did, because I'd already embarrassed myself enough for one weekend. Except it had slipped my mind that I had also posted the screenshot on Instagram (don't judge me), which I'd forgotten about until:


I die. I couldn't stop laughing, and tried to explain to Andrew what was happening, which he sort of understood, although maybe he was just humoring me?

Oh, and the title of this post? That's what I told him after seeing the comment he left me on Instagram. I didn't take a screenshot of it, but he said "Blog away!" with a thumbs and and smiley face emoji. 

24 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'd be so excited, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! Some writers do keep up with their Google alerts and stuff. I've gotten comments from Keiron Gillen when I've post about his comics, which is way exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that is so amazing! I think it is awesome though that he is that tuned in with his social media. Most people who sell things are not. So that he did all that is pretty awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Hahah thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I'm jealous. Makes sharing on social media totally worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I tire of social media a lot, but this made it feel a bit more rewarding, hahah!

      Delete
  5. ahahaha, sounds awesome. Love it when the people you write about interact with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. His from address is Great Falls, MT. I used to live there.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAH that's SO awesome. Ok, this has inspired me to try out twitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, hahah! Like I said, I'm not a twitter fan, but I guess it has its perks!

      Delete
  8. Hahaha that is so awesome! I definitely felt that way when Christina Perri favorited a post I did on Twitter. It's total fangirl status!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! How cool of the author to like your tweet and also like your Instagram post. Seems like a cool person to take time to interact with his fans.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember when Kim Cattrall did that on one of my tweets. I had a near death experience I screamed so loud haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome! Great of him to interact with his fans. I'd definitely get as excited as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, good to know I'm not alone ;)

      Delete