Friday, August 29, 2014

Life Lately...


I've decided to keep doing these little "Life Lately" Instagram updates :D Recently, a blog friend told me "you're a lifestyle blogger that doesn't really write about yourself." I'm not sure if I agree with that (this blog is about all the things I like, after all, hahah), but I sort of see what she meant. I often write about something I like, read, played, whatever, but I don't really write long posts like, "I did XYZ, here's pictures documenting the whole day." That is partly because I'm lazy, and partly because I never remember to take pictures until it's too late. If I'm lucky I'll remember to take one, and it ends up on Instagram. Oops. I guess those will have to do for now :)


Recently I ate my first DEEP FRIED OREO'S! I almost hate to say so, but they were seriously amazing. In my town there's a yearly Tomato Festival, and like any festival there's terrible-for-you deep fried everything. The theatre I work at happens to be on the same street as the festival, and at the theatre we were still running performances of The Who's Tommy. I had two hours off in between shows that day, so Andrew, a friend and I ventured out to the festival for some lunch (yes, I had more than fried Oreo's for lunch).

Pineapples

I am SO in love with my new pineapple bunting! I asked my mom to make me one after I saw the tutorial on the By Hand London blog. She's the best! It's hanging in my living room above my couch! I hope it's not weird to keep pineapples on your wall all year round, because that's exactly what I plan to do.

LEGO

Playing Saints Row and drinking chamomile tea out of my favorite LEGO mug :) I don't actually like chamomile tea very much, but I was out green, peppermint AND yerba mate. All I had was the chamomile tea that I bought for Andrew and he never drank (seriously, why do men do that?!)

Settlers of Catan

Settlers of Catan! On Saturday I was able to go to my families house for the first time in (or felt like) forever. My brothers and I played Catan twice, and I lost both times, hahah.

Klondike

Earlier today I ate my first ever Klondike bar! How weird is that? Hahah. I was lucky enough to be invited to Influenster's Ice Cream Stock Up campaign, so they sent me a coupon to get a whole box of Klondike for free! I saw that they also make Oreo Klondike bars, which I was SO close to getting, but decided to go with the original, since I hadn't tried one before. I'm happy to report that they did not disappoint!

Yay! What have you been up to lately?

6 comments:

  1. I actually haven't had Klondike bar either! I hear they are really good though, my husband LOVES them!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it! I wish the chocolatey part was thicker, but it tasted like Magic Shell, hahah!

      Delete
  2. Were the deep-fried Oreos better than brownie Oreo cups?

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep fried oreos AND a klondike bar! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was a bad week for the scale, but well worth it, hahah!

      Delete