Saturday, August 16, 2014

Life Lately...

Hi friends!

It's entirely possible that I'm the only one that noticed, but I've been pretty absent here lately. I feel pretty crappy about it. Life's been busy, but that's no excuse! Anyway, while I have some other posts I'm currently working on, today I decided to just do a simple "what I've been up to" post, featuring one of my favorite social media accounts - Instagram! This could also be because I'm missing the 100 Happy Days challenge (which I finished in July, geeze I need to update my navigation bar)...buuuut whatever, hahah. So here's what's been going on with me lately, starting with the oldest working up to today :)

Library Haul

I've been reading a LOT more. Unfortunately I have to do most of it during my down time at work. I tried working on my blog during that time, but it was just too involved, so I've been reading. Pictured is a recent library haul. I finished two of them so far. I HIGHLY recommend the book on the top, Half the Sky! If you're not super into reading, or just don't have the time, then I recommend the documentary (same title) just as much! It's on Netflix, too ;) I love them both so much, and I plan to write more about them eventually.



I started a Facebook page for Natalie Patalie! You should go follow me there, because I like using it 1000x more than Twitter, but I feel lame posting anything on the FB page at the moment because no one's really following it, hahahah.

Bonnie and Clyde

I started stage managing the musical Bonnie and Clyde! This is where most of my time has gone. I'm having lots of fun, but I can't say it isn't stressful. I've never seen it performed live before this, but I really like it! The music is fun, too.



I'm also currently working on the musical, The Who's Tommy. I've never been a huge fan of this show, but the music is starting to grow on me a bit. Last weekend there was a cast and crew party, and they had a photo booth! I was tired and didn't stay at the party long (I'd already been at the theatre all day and it was 11pm by then), but I made sure to shove all the techies in the photo booth with me before I left!

Hyperbole and a Half

With all the theatre stuff going on, I hadn't had time to see my mom in awhile, so the other day we went to lunch and then to Barnes and Noble to hang out and look at books :)

So that's me lately. What have you been up to? I haven't been able to keep up with Bloglovin' lately, either, so if you've written something you think I should check out, link it in the comments and let's catch up :)

9 comments:

  1. I noticed you were missing for a while (in blogging, not just real life.).
    Great book recommend, it has really made an impact on a lot of my acquaintances.
    Have you heard of booklikes.com? It's a blog platform for book lovers.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that's a lot of books! i'm totally jealous, hehe I need to read more D: THat's great you and your mom finally had a chance to hang out... and around books, even cooler!! :D

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually a pretty slow reader, but I try my best! Hahah. I like to be very "well read" :)

      Delete
  3. I just made a FB for my blog as well. I added you on FB. :)

    Aw, nice that you had a catch up with your mom. I love that book you got there, Hyperbole and a Half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! Followed you back :) I really enjoyed Hyperbole and a Half! Very relatable, maybe too much so...hahah.

      Delete
  4. Nice that you are getting a chance to read though. Something I miss, but can't get into since ALL i do is school now with no breaks.

    I'll head over to your FB page and give you a new like!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't have as much time to read as I'd like, but I try to fit it in when I can :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up with Finding Beauty! I love that shot of the stack of books -- I'm a huge book lover, so that pile is dream-worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE reading and I always loved going to the library every summer. I wrote a bit about it here (http://worldsstrongestlibrarian.com/13942/a-writer-must-be-brave-guest-post-by-lisa-kerr-from-my-cult-life/). What's the link to your FB page? I'm with you on Twitter...it took me awhile to get into it, but now that I've gotten into it, I love it. Stopping by from #SITSblogging link up.

    ReplyDelete