Thursday, August 28, 2014

Aquaman Inspiration!

I love Aquaman. He's my favorite superhero! It's an unpopular opinion, but I'm learning to be ok with that ;) I know it's still two months away, but I've decided that this year I'm finally going to be Aquaman for Halloween. I wanted to start gathering things early, so I'll have plenty of time to find what I'm looking for at a price I can afford. I'm usually a huge procrastinator, and every year I want to wear a costume but end up not doing it because I didn't give myself enough time. I'm keeping things simple, and will be emulating the original Aquaman.

Aquaman comic cover
Yeah, I've got some squats to do.

While the costume is pretty basic, I've still found myself looking for outfit inspiration. I'm finally learning how to use Pinterest, and I've been finding some pretty fun stuff! I started an Aquaman board and have been collecting images, whether or not I plan to use them in my costume. I just like 'em :)

aquaman nail art
Source!

Aaah! I love these Aquaman nails. My nail art skills are pretty terrible, unfortunately. I might just paint them orange and green and call it a day.

Source!

How badass is Medieval Aquaman?! My costume will be the furthest thing from this, but I still find it super amazing. I wonder how long that took him? His gloves are my favorite part, but really the whole thing is awesome.

Aquaman Casual Cosplay
Source!

I like the idea of simply wearing an Aquaman inspired outfit, without it necessarily being a costume. That way I can Aquaman WHENEVER I WANT. I even have pants just like those! I really like the sea creature jewelry. I have some earrings which I'll be wearing with mine! One is a pair of jellyfish, which is also my favorite pair, and from the Monterey Bay Aquarium. The other is this pair of fish earrings from Betsey Johnson. I'll probably end up wearing the fish, because while I love my jellyfish, the fish are bolder and more blatantly saying "HI I'M WEARING FISH ON MY EARS! GET IT?!" Hahah.


One of my favorite bloggers, Cazz from Nerd Burger, dressed as Aquaman last year! I like that her outfit is pretty casual, but it still has some really specific Aquaman elements in it, like her gloves with fins on them! I found the same green scale leggings on Amazon, and I'm thinking about getting them. I already ordered the top I'll be wearing though, which has the scale print on it. I'm not sure if I want to wear scales on top AND bottom. Things like this is one of the reason I'm starting early, hahah. I also love her shoes! It looks like she just got a pair of white slide on shoes and painted them.

Aquaman Big Bang Theory Raj

...and then there was that time on Big Bang Theory, when Raj was forced into being Aquaman so they could have a complete Justice League cosplay group. He even has Storm, Aquaman's trusty seahorse. #winning

6 comments:

  1. I can't say I'm an Aquaman kind of gal, but I do love the little fish on the nails! How fun haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nails! Can't wait to see how your costume turns out! Thanks for joining the Social Media Saturdays mixer!
    Cheers! Shana from Technotini

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you end up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At our local Free Comic Book day a couple of years back, there was an Aquaman with a short mohawk. Totally awesome. I can't wait to see your costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome!! And I've already collected more pieces for my costume, so excited!

      Delete