Sunday, July 20, 2014

Funky Fresh Rhymes

Today I'm sharing my first ever playlist. It's the first one because I never bothered using Grooveshark or Spotify until today (I found Grooveshark much easier, though).

A lot of people laugh at me when they hear about some of the music I like. I don't think it makes much sense to assume what kind of music someone likes based on how they look or act, but I guess that's still a thing. When I'm out I'm normally wearing my glasses, jeans, a v-neck, sandals and a cardigan if it's cool enough. When I tell people I like The Killers, they're like, "Duh, of course you do. You and every 20-something female out there." When I tell people that I wash the dishes while listening to old school Outkast and The Dungeon Family, people are usually like, "What?" Or they just laugh. They usually just laugh.

Ok, maybe it is a little funny. Music is one of those things I don't think you should take too seriously. That might explain why I titled a playlist, "Funky Fresh Rhymes."


Compiled before you are some of my favorite songs, by two of my favorite groups. I also threw in some Kanye because #WhoGonStopMe!

Hahahah. Yeah, I guess it's pretty funny.




Linking up with Hima and Marla :) 

10 comments:

  1. Very nice! I have got to figure out how to create playlists for my blog! I always end up embedding youtube videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Try using Grooveshark. I tried Spotify first because it's so popular right now, but then I couldn't figure it out hahah.

      Delete
  2. I believe I throw people for a little loop when they hear what my favorite pandora station playlist is. I use Grooveshark to listen to music, I did not know you can share a playlist using it. I have been using spotify, and I do prefer to use Grooveshark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! Yeah, I'm glad I tried Grooveshark, I really like it! For listening I usually use Pandora, but making playlists on Grooveshark was pretty fun :)

      Delete
  3. Omg I LOVED LOVED LOVED Roses when I was growing up! I haven't heard that song in years, thank you so so much for the reminder :] And thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaa that's my jam! Hahah thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I was just listening to Rosa Parks by Outkast growing up! Love it- it's so funky :) Thank you for sharing this playlist and linking up- hope to see you again sometime :)

    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah glad you like it! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing your playlist with Hump Day Happenings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Roses by Outkast! Great throwback song!

    ReplyDelete