Saturday, June 21, 2014

Twenty Things I'll be Doing this Summer




Happy first day of Summer! I won't lie - summer is not my favorite season...actually, it might be my least favorite. It's just too hot. An overheated Natalie is a miserable Natalie. And it's not like I have summer vacation to look forward to anymore, so really it's all the same, just HOT. Either way, there's still so many great things summer has to offer. Sure, some of it you can do any time of the year, but we all know that it just isn't the same.

So here's my list of what I'll be up to this summer.

1 - Go to summer festivals and fairs. Maybe a carnival? I've never been to a carnival!

2 - Not wear pants - the greatest thing about summer, really.

3 - Make and eat my own popsicles. I eat ice cream all year round, but I only like popsicles when it's hot out. Awhile back I bought some popsicle molds from IKEA that I never used, but recently I read this article on Buzzfeed that inspired me (and I'm not just talking about the boozy ones listed first).

4 - Attempt to make these badass rainbow shorts, using this tutorial.


5 - Be obnoxious and wear said rainbow shorts everywhere for the rest of the summer (assuming they turn out ok). Andrew will hate them, but that might make it even more fun?!

6 - Make s'mores over a fire. I actually kind of hate camping, but I love s'mores!

7 - Throw a 21st birthday sleepover for one of my best friends. You're never too old for sleepovers ;) I'm thinking we should try making some of these Disney inspired cocktails!

8 - Have a picnic.

9 - Start washing my own car more, or at all, really.

10 - Finally go see a drive-in movie!

11 - Get fresh fruit and kettle corn at the farmers market. Farmers market always has THE BEST kettle corn!

raspberries

12 - Turn 23 on July 23rd! :) I didn't even realize the age I'm turning and the date were the same until typing that just now, hahah!

13 - Work show after show at the theatre. Right now I'm working on Romeo and Juliet and Peter Pan, shortly after Peter Pan ends it'll be time to start working on Tommy (ugh) and Bonnie and Clyde. I could keep going, but then we're not talking about summer anymore.

14 - Hopefully not spend too much money during the Steam Summer Adventure Sale.  Really, it's almost cruel how amazing their deals are. Go Red Team!

15 - Use last years experience and try making another rum melon.

16 - Mocha Cookie Crumbles, from Starbucks. I've learned that you can ask them to make this all year round, but the chocolate whip cream is seasonal. The way I feel about Mocha Cookie Crumbles in the summer is very similar to how most people feel about Pumpkin Spice Lattes in the fall.

Mocha Cookie Crumble
Perfection (via Google)

17 - Try to wear more sundresses. They make me feel pretty! I'll need a few more. I say this every summer, and then have trouble finding ones that I both like and can afford. Wompwomp.

18 - Swim at night. Sun can be the worst. Luckily in the summer you can swim at night without it being too cold, and it just feels a lot more peaceful, for some reason.

19 - Make one of these scarf headband thingies.

20 - Wait for winter, because summer is just too damn hot.



 Linked on A Harvest of Blessing and The Dwelling Tree

50 comments:

  1. Ah I NEED those rainbow shorts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I can't wait to try making them hahah.

      Delete
  2. I recommend Forever 21 for sundresses! Super affordable, plus there's sooo many to choose from xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always forget to check F21 until I see someone wearing something great from there, hahah.

      Delete
  3. Love this list! I would love to make those rainbow shorts, so cute! I would also like to go to a carnival. Next month is your golden birthday <3
    www.simplysinova.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to a carnival so I want to go to one so bad! I want to try all the terrible carnival food, hahahah!

      Delete
  4. You definitely need to celebrate your golden birthday in a big way! My parents made my 7th birthday (my golden birthday) very special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously hadn't heard of a golden birthday until you guys brought it up! Hahah. Now I feel bad for not having anything planned yet! I'll figure something out hehe.

      Delete
  5. Ahhh I hate the summer heat too. But I just look forward for the lazy days of summer. I plan to have long long late night drives (actually I look forward for them MOSTLY)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Late night summer drives are the best :) Windows down, out in the middle of nowhere - perfect!

      Delete
  6. Those rainbow shorts are AMAAAAAAAZING!!! Need. I'm totally going to try and make some and then wear them here in Italy and scandalize everyone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, do it! And let me know how it turns out!

      Delete
  7. #2 is perfect and #20 made me laugh! Loving your list, I hope you share all you do at the end (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl you know it's true! Hahah ;) I will definitely update about all my summer shenanigans!

      Delete
  8. Those shorts are adorable + I'm completely with you about no pants during the summer. I live in skirts all summer long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I even try to avoid pants in the fall/winter when I can hahah :p

      Delete
  9. I never wear pants! In the summer I live in skirts and my new found love-maxis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous! I want to wear maxis, but I'm so short that I haven't found any that fit right!

      Delete
  10. I look forward to more DIY tutorials from you, Natalie! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been enjoying these summer to-do lists! Makes me feel like I need to do one before it's too late. ha. Just found your blog from the jack of all trades link up! Excited to be following along via bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's cool - you still have plenty of time! Hahah :)

      Delete
  12. Can't wait to see how those rainbow shorts turn out. Going to the drive-in movie is on my summer bucket list, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited to try making them! I don't have any tie dye supplies yet but I hope to soon, hahah. I've never been to a drive in, but we have one not too far so I don't know why I haven't yet. Have a good one!

      Delete
  13. Sounds like you're set for summer! I, too, can't deal with the heat, so sundressed and ice cream and popsicles are a must. Here's to having fun and staying cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - heat is the WORST! Hahah. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. I got so excited I had to write in all caps. Sorry :X

      Delete
    2. LOL it's cool, I think they're awesome too!

      Delete
  15. Love those rainbow shorts!! I am a big fan of summer, but then it doesn't really get too hot here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky! Summer's get to 100+ here x_x

      Delete
  16. Omg that drink from starbucks is the best!!! Minus all its calories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Hahah, I'd drink a lot more Starbucks if it wasn't for all the calories and sugar :(

      Delete
  17. Those are rainbow shorts are amazing! I love Disney Inspired Cocktails. What fun list! Stopping by from the Let's Be Friends Blog Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your post made me smile. It IS really hot - that's why Fall is my favorite season. :)
    But I hope to run into you in town, rocking those rainbow shorts! The outfit better have some fringe too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah thanks! I can't promise the fringe but I hope to make the shorts soon! I'm sure we're bound to run into each other sometime - our town isn't very big!

      Delete
  19. I totally agree that not wearing pants is the best thing ever about summer! I really love reading through your list! Have fun this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your list! Rainbow shorts and smores? Sounds like it will be a summer to remember. Since you are not a fan of actually camping, you should consider indoor camping. You can still find a way to make smores even if you do not have a fireplace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! We used to make them in the fireplace at my moms house! Hahahah :)

      Delete
  21. Sounds like an AWESOME summer list to me!! You'll rock those rainbow shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I totally relate to your sentiment towards summer! I live in so cal so it’s basically summer all year long and I love dressing in winter clothes, hate being hot. Lol Mocha Cookie Crumbles from starbucks basically looks like the devil to me. I can only imagine how delicious and tempting it would be to have one, it would be the gateway to a million other drink addictions if I let myself have it. I have zero self-control so I am steering away from it. BUT OMG IT LOOKS TOO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mocha Cookie Crumbles are sooooooo good hahah! It's kind of like the Double Chocolate Chip frapp, but 1000x better in my opinion! I avoid Starbucks most of them time, more of an occaisonal indulgence thing ;)

      Delete
  23. Those shorts! Wowsers!

    I totally love me some s'mores! Seriously I eat them every single weekend when we're at the lake.

    The Mocha Cookie Crumbles are my "healthy eating" downfall. They got me last year... they're stalking me this year.

    Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the SHINE Blog Hop).
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love you post! its so cute, and great blog. I love your background and everything. Im a new blogger but Im on the summer blogger challenge as well! check out www.throughbrighteyes.com for my posts and Ill keep checking back on your posts :)

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dana! I'll check out your blog soon :)

      Delete
  25. And now I NEED a mocha cookie crumble frap. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Popsicles are so where it's at this summer! I just got a bunch of books out about the from the library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! You should blog about your favorite recipes after you try them!!

      Delete