Monday, June 16, 2014

Blog Hop Tour - A Closer Look

Recently, my friend Paula, from her little Happysnappy corner of the internet, invited me to play along with a blog tour she was participating in! Basically it's a game of tag, where the set of questions you see below get passed on from blogger to blogger. Paula picked me and two other writers, and I'll be picking my own three to send it to after this! Paula said she picked me because she enjoys reading about my book adventures and my Happy Days challenge, how nice is she? So let's check out the questions...

1. What am I working on?

I feel like I'm always working on a hundred things, flitting from one to the next. Sometimes they all get done, sometimes they don't. I don't recommend this. Sigh. Here's a summarized list of things I've been working on lately:

- My blog, of course. I spend a lot of time working on my blog, I'm not even going to admit to you how much. I'm either writing actual posts, drafting ideas for future posts, returning emails, catching up on other blogs, or just over analyzing anything I've ever hit "publish" on. #BloggerProbs

- Books! I'm always reading something. Currently I'm reading "China Dolls," by  Lisa See, and "Songs of Willow Frost," by Jamie Ford. Not only do I really enjoy reading, but I feel like it makes me a better writer, too.

- Then of course, there's my actual work that I do for a living. Right now I'm stage managing a production of "Romeo and Juliet," and today I start working on techie things (we call it "tech week") for a production of "Peter Pan."

I'm a little busy. Even worse, right after taking this picture, I realized I didn't add everything :'(


2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?

Since we're all bloggers here, I'm going to assume you're asking about my bloggy work. My work differs from others because it's 100% me, and there's no other me out there, is there? I write about things that I like to read about, such as honest book reviews, DIY, video games, theatre, and simply the life of your (kinda) average 22-year-old girl. My life isn't glamorous, and I don't pretend that it is. I worry about money, I tell myself I'm going to eat healthy (until my favorite food shows up), I'm always procrastinating, I make lots of mistakes, and things aren't always happy. But...that's me, and that's what I write about!

3. Why do I write/create what I do?
My blog is purely for my own enjoyment. I love to write, and I love to write about things I love and that make me happy. I also feel like writing about what I do motivates me to do more. If I write that I'm going to read this book and tell you about it, then I make myself read that book so I can tell you about it. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing to have people read what I have to say, and actually enjoy it, but I wouldn't be here and give this much time to something that I didn't love doing.

4. How does your writing/creating process work?
Very frantically. I decide I want to do something, and I start doing it right then and there. If I'm not home then I'll take notes about it, to help me remember for later. I don't recommend this, either. That's why my posts are never on a regular schedule. It's a habit I'm trying to break! I'd love to be able to plan things out in advance.

Me, thinking of new blog post ideas.


Hah! So now you know a little more about me. I'm not sure if this paints the best picture of me, but it's me nonetheless so what can you do? Hahah :)

Next I get to tag three more bloggers! Here's my pick:

Gina, at California Scrappin' Gina loves to scrapbook and is always making something great! She also runs my favorite blogging group, for bloggers in California. We're a small bunch, but we have lots of fun. I consider all of them my bloggy friends, and soon to be in real life friends ;)

Pam, over at Hodge Podge Moments. Pam is also in our little group - she doesn't currently live in California, but she'll be moving here soon! She's really great, and we have a lot in common. We both love reading, rockin' out to The Killers, and color coordinating our lives.

Last but never least, we have Mary, from Along Comes Mary! I "met" Mary in April, when she commented on a post I wrote about musicals, and told me how much we have in common. Living in Southern California, she's always doing cool things that fill me with envy, but it's fun to follow along on her adventures!

6 comments:

  1. Squeals! Thank you SO much for this shout out, Natalie! ! I love blog hops and will get mine up ASAP!:) Good luck on R&J :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I can't wait to read yours :) And thanks, I'm gonna be pretty busy so I will need all the luck I can get, hahah.

      Delete
  2. The fact that you included a Stephen Colbert gif = perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! Thanks. Colbert Report is my favorite way to catch up on the news ;)

      Delete