Tuesday, June 3, 2014

100 Happy Days - Week 9


100 Happy Days is now more than halfway through! This week has been the first time I actually felt like Day 100 was within reach, hahah. It's a weird feeling, because I feel like I only started doing this yesterday - but no, I started over SIXTY days ago! Woah. 


Day 57


Everyone already knows that I work in theatre, but a lot of people don't know that I work in two different theatres. Pictured is the college theatre I work at, just not as often. On this day I was happy to be there because it had been a long time since I'd been there last. I have a lot of memories in that building, because it's where I first started doing technical theatre. When I was still in high school I would enroll to be on the tech crew for the college's musicals, and I'd earn three whole units (please note sarcasm) for doing something that would take over my entire life until the run of the performances were over. It's really exhausting, but if you're looking to earn three units in a month, go tech some shows. After highschool I didn't really have time to tech shows, but I started taking technical theatre classes at the same college. In one of the classes I met my future boss, who is still my boss now and really awesome. I also met my boyfriend, Andrew, and now we've been (some would say weirdly) inseparable for about four years now. So in a way, this theatre shaped what is most of my life right now. WEIRD.


Day 58

Just hangin' out and reading after a long day. Confession: I also used this for my Armchair BEA Instagram challenge photo, which was to show your current bookmark. I would have posted it even if I wasn't taking part in BEA though, I swear! I wasn't even eligible to win the Instagram anymore, because I'd already won two prizes that week, hahah. What do you use as a bookmark? Do people still buy fancy bookmarks, is that still a thing? I tend to use whatever's closest when I'm in search for one. This ticket that I'm using for mine is from when we went to the Star Wars science exhibit at The Tech Museum in January. I always keep old tickets and stubs!


Day 59

Here I am, in a rare photographed moment, doing one of the many things I do at the theatre: hanging lights. This is at the college theatre I was telling you about, I spent a lot of time there this week. Hanging lights in and of itself isn't hard (once you know what you're doing), but it's not something that many people would want to do. You're usually doing it pretty high up while in precarious positions, the lights are heavy and always REALLY dusty (always, it's a mystery), and it gets pretty hot up there. So as you can see I live a very glamorous life (more sarcasm).


Day 60

On Friday we had some friends over. I told them I needed to take their picture for "this thing I'm doing on Instagram," and they were just like, "what?" Hahah. Although lots of people have seen our new place, this was the first get together we hosted here. They brought us a really cool housewarming gift, I'm sure I'll be showing it off once it's hung! All three of them are people we work with. The two on the left are brothers, Danny and Joey. The girl on the right is Danny's girlfriend, Jenna. We had some drinks, snacks (am I the only one that can't drink without snacking?!) and played some games.


Day 61

This is my friends son that I babysit! Whenever I'm with him we usually talk about Pokemon and video games. When I got there on Saturday I was a little distracted, because they had a new kitten! I LOVE KITTIES! He was so tiny and sweet. I think he started to get tired of people picking him up, though, so then we just watched him nap. Cats > Dogs every time.


Day 62

Yeah, I took a picture of my delivery pizza. I loved it! Hah. Andrew and I hardly ever order pizza, but when we do, it was always Domino's. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I LOVE their pizza. It's the cheapest pizza place that isn't Little Ceasar's (because ew), and they deliver! We hadn't had a pizza delivered in a really long time, because the only Domino's that would deliver to us had closed! We also found out (after many phone calls), that even the more expensive pizza places wouldn't deliver to us, because our side of town was too far. UNTIL RECENTLY! When a new Domino's opened up close to us! So close that it'd make more sense to pick up the pizza, but that's NOT THE POINT right now. So anyway, we had this pizza the other day, and it was amazing and very satisfying.


Day 63

I finally hung up my two jellyfish where I wanted them, so they don't have to sit on the shelf anymore! They looked nice on the shelf, but I wanted to do something ~different~. I decided to name them Zimos and Johnny Gat, because I like to pretend I'm part of The Third Street Saints. I can dream, ok? The one on the left is Zimos, because he's smiling. Johnny Gat never smiles, and neither does my other jellyfish. So it's perfect, really. I like that both of the jellyfish are blue. When I get more jellyfish I'd like to hang them here as well, and someday I'll just have a huge swarm of jellyfish, hahah.


Day 64

This one's from today! Andrew and I went on a MUCH needed trip to the grocery store. I'm trying to get better at that whole "meal planning" thing. Pictured is about half of it. Andrew started putting things away before I was able to snap a picture. As he was grabbing more things I had to say, "Stop - I need to take a picture!" He sighed, as he tends to do, and waited for me to get a decent picture. Hahah.

16 comments:

  1. I love buying fancy boookmarks! Sadly, I do not think it is still a thing :( and my friend is doing the challenge too, such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong - I love a good bookmark! I never bought any of the fancy ones, though. The ones I liked were always weirdly expensive for something that was just going to sit in a book, hahah. When I was a kid I used to make my own bookmarks out of card stock with stamps and stickers!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of 100 Happy Days and am so glad to find someone who has stuck with it! Thanks for linking up with Hump Day Happenings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great challenge. I still have some fancy bookmarks. However, for the most part I use what is at hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too ;) I have a couple fancy bookmarks, mostly picked up at thrift stores and things, but 95% of the time I'm just using things I pick up (receipts, postcards, etc). Hahah!

      Delete
  4. This is really cool you've kept this going! I imagine hanging those lights is not very fun. Great picture, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought a fancy Liz Claiborne bookmark at a garage sale for 50 cents.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know Liz Claiborne had bookmarks??! Interesting, hahah. Great deal, too :D

      Delete
  6. I like the picture of you working on the lights at the theatre. Can you post it on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be really creepy if I didn't know it was my mom. Hahahah. I will post it on your page :)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on being half-way through with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute. I love how you talk about pokemon with your friend's son. That's adorable. :) Nintendo is re-releasing some Pokemon games later this year, I am sure he will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, thanks! When I was a kid, Pokemen was such a HUGE thing for me and all my friends, since it was pretty new in the US at the time. I still remember things about the original Pokemon and games, but he's always teaching me about the new ones, hahah! It's fun to talk to him about it because I totally remember that feeling!

      Delete